11.29.2007

Homework Blues

I dont remember having half as much homework a night as Noah does. He always has like 4 different papers and subjects a night. It is hard for him to focus on anything when his brothers and sisters are playing and having fun and he is stuck doing boring homework. I think tonight he hit his breaking point. He was crying and saying what a bad day it was because he had soooo much homework and it was going to take forever. On top of his homework, he has an essay that is due tomorow for a contest to win free snowboard lessons. He really wants to get these lessons but he didnt want to do the essay. I had to break out the big speech on this one about how nothing worth having is easy and if we really want something we have to work at it and blah blah.. you get the picture. He finally calmed down and went to work. About 10 minutes later he came down for a final inspection and this is what he had written-grammer and all
(NO LIE)
Im Noah Lomu and I really want to snowboard. I came from Mesa, AZ were it never ever snows and its my first winter in UT. I cant pay becaus PC (park city) has poeple loaded compared to AZ poeple. So pleas please let me snow board.
I was laughing so hard and it made him cry. I think I hurt his feelings, but I could not hold it in. He is so honest and literal about everything-he doesnt sugar coat it. I just had to journal this story. It was just what I needed to finish out the rest of the nights homework with him. We did the essay (Bill actually helped him finish) , put finishing touches on his book report, did a practice spelling test, did his 2 sided math sheet, and finished it off with a comprehension sheet that has to be done with a parent (2 sided) and now its past 10 and he has to read for 20 minutes. Its crazy. Poor Lani-I forget that she also has homework (reading) and that is starting to not get done. I dont know what Im gonna do when she starts having more homework and then Tyson starts school. AHHHH. I was so busy with Noah and Bill wasnt here, when it was bed time for the boys, I told them to get in bed and I will come tuck them in after I finished what I was helping Noah with at that time. Of course, I forgot and I noticed about an hour later that it was completly quiet upstairs. I went to check on them and both boys were in their beds and fast asleep with their blankets over their heads. They have been into "scaring" me when I walk into their room. I think they were waiting to scare me and they both crashed. I should of taken a picture. Its things like this that remind me how lucky I am to be blessed with such sweet kids. The whole day of craziness and yelling and nagging and crying and fighting are erased and I am filled with such joy and love for my kids. Its funny how that happens right when you need reminding the most.

7 comments:

Britney said...

OH that was so funny. Poor noah...haha. I love what he wrote. I cant believe he had that much homework. That is crazy!! Thats definintly too much.

Kenyon said...

That is so funny, I am laughing! I love that your sons like to scare you, sounds like something mine would do:)

Nancy said...

That is so funny. Isn't it hard having more than one kid in school. My homework double and so did my kids whining.

Brooke said...

Love Tyson's essay. I hope they feel bad enough for him to pick him. I just have a kindergartner and I can't imagine the homework with all those kids in school.

Missy said...

So funny! I hope he gets picked! I am the worst with my kid's homework...I tell them I already went to school and I am not a school teacher and that they have to do it on their own! SO BAD!!! I am all about playing and not a good example on being studious. Luckily, my kids got Mark's brains and are pretty bright. And I have 4 in school and next year it will be 5, but I think it's easier now cuz my older kids help the little kids with their homework now...something for you to look forward too! (I just have to check it before it gets put in the backpack cuz my 1st Grader's teacher noticed Emalee's handwriting on her homework didn't match at school=it was her 5th grade Brother "helping" her a little too much...lol!)

Rachel Cunningham said...

I just left a comment on your Thanksgiving post and then realized you probably don't check that one anymore. Anyway, cute pics from your trip. Homework is like the dishes and the laundry...it never goes away.

A. Goodie said...

I don't want anymore kids to grow up because I seriously don't think I have the time to help more than two.. hopefully the older they get, the less they need our help and maybe they can start helping each other.. oh, well we can dream can't we. I hope they pick him, that essay was so cute! Hey, for some reason your phone number that I have for you does not work and I need to talk to you really bad! I also need your address info again. Are you coming home for Chrismas.
Sure miss you.