11.04.2007

Thrifty

What do you get when you only have $80 to spend on snow clothes for your entire family....?
Well, if you shop at the coolest thrift store in all of Park City/Heber you get... 5 pairs of bibs, 1 pair of snowboard boots, 3 heavy duty, awesome, snow jackets, 3 pairs of snow gloves, and dont forget the ugliest, early 90's flower, star snowsuit for Avery (at only 3 bucks i dont really care much what its lookin like. You really gotta click on the picture for the full effect.)
And I owe it all to my super cool hubby who went to stand in line early to get it all. It was hard to let him go and pick it all out with out me seeing it first, but I was so impressed with what he came home with. Thanks Vili. So now my kids have all the winter stuff they need to have a fun winter in the blasted snow. Now we will just see how often it gets used because mommy never wants to go out in the snow because she is too warm sitting by the fire place drinking hot chocolate. Good times. Only 7 more months until summer. YEA!!!

5 comments:

Britney said...

YAY for bill!! Nice job shopping Bill. I am jealous you guys live where its cold. Its still in the 90's here!! Its never going to get cold. I am going to have to come visit just to pretend I had a winter haha.

Kylie said...

So fun! We went up to UT this weekend and had to stop at Walmart on the way there and buy Powell jeans becase he didn't have any pants his size, since we haven't worn pants yet this year!! It was in the 90's today!!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

So impressed with the frugalness. I can't believe you live in the snow!! It's too hot here to be almost winter...I wish it would at least get down to wearing a sweatshirt weather. Are you coming for Thanksgiving?

Missy said...

We have some awesome (way funkier) snow clothes too, except we have only worn them once and no need to buy any more now cuz we are just melting away here more every year. Way to go on the frugal-ness! And I love the idea of Shelly sitting by the fire sipping hot chocolate...so funny.

Joni said...

Good job on the great deals!!!! I think I'm with ya on the whole hot chocolate and fire thing! I hope you're coming down soon. It would be fun to see you!