11.01.2007

Holy cow...its over

Can I be really honest and say that I really dont like Halloween all that much. Maybe im just lazy mom, but after the 5th time of dressing your kids up and getting, yet again, more candy, it starts to get super lame. BUT...I love seeing my kids so happy and loving their costumes. This year we had a school carnival, a trunk or treat with the ward, school parties and then the great night itself. Our trunk or treat was pretty fun-Park City residents dont take it lightly. I couldnt believe the stuff they had: full size candy bars, popcorn balls, full size fun dips, handfuls and handfuls of candy. By the looks of the buckets you would think we had been to 100 houses.
This is my very lame attempt at decorating our car. You cant see, but it had spiders and scary skeletons and what not. I think we won last place.
Avery discovered her passion for the good stuff. She went nuts with this bowl and even though she didnt have one taste, she had the best time with the wrappers.
I also really really hate to carve pumpkins. I think it more hassle than fun, but again..its for the kids. Thankfully Bill takes over this activity and lets the kids design their own and then he carves them. I cant wait for the year that I feel comfortable with my kids playing with knives.
This is our quick attempt at pumpkin carving. We wait until like an hour before bed so its always rush, rush.
(ps. I way lightened this picture becasue the real one was to dark to see-the pumkins are glowing and its actually super dark and freezing cold.)


Avery thought the best part of carving the pumpkin was eating the scraps. MMMM... yummy!!


We decided to spend Halloween at Scott and Andreas neighborhood because they have way more kids, the houses are closer together, no hilly driveways and the best thing..its like 10 degrees warmer, although once you get below 50,in my book, its lost all its fun. I stayed in the warm house with Avery, and Bill and Scott took the kids around the block. (the cute crimpy haired girl is Claire-she was the cutest kitty I have ever seen. Mason was a fluffy dog-so cute and sooo warm.) Noah thought he was too cool to stay with dad, so he took of with a friend. I guess this is the age it starts.
Avery was a devil again, but she looked more like little red riding hood to me.

I think the kids had had it by the end and we were all so glad to go home. They all fell asleep on the journey home and went straight to bed (without brushing-ahhhhhh. The dentist is going to love this family!)
I cant wait until next year!!! Im sure you will see a recycled costume or 2. Im with you Julie, I hate spending money on costumes. The kids had fun, but now its time to put away the pumpkins and spiders and get out the christmas decor-oh I mean thanksgiving. I usually skip those decorations and head straight to the good stuff. Oh joy, I love this time of year!!! I love soup and fires and the music and the baking and the eating and the spirit of the holidays. Its a great time.



9 comments:

Britney said...

Your kids look so cute, like always. Caleb and Tyler were the same thing...haha. Same exact costume and everything. Except Tylers costume was the one he wore last year so it was really short haha. I am jealous of the cold temps...bring some of that here to Az

Full House said...

I think Avery is one of the cutest kids I have ever seen.

Shelly Lomu said...

Hey twin2trip-thanks for the comment. Who is this? I checked your profile, but nothing came up. Just curious as to who is commenting. Thanks

Rachel Cunningham said...

Really cute costumes Shelly! I have that frog costume in a 3-6 months size that two of my babies have worn. Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Julie said...

Darling kids and YEAH it is OVER!! We don't have to do Halloween for 364 more days! HeeHee! Your kids really ddi look cute, I can't believe you had to do it 5 times. We did it twice and that was just dandy!

Missy said...

Hey, for not being too into Halloween I think you're kids costumes were AWESOME. And I am with you on the recycling...we actually did that this year for the first time and it was great. We didn't spend a dime on all 5 kids costumes except for the make-up. And about Noah, I was mean and made my boys Trick or Treat with us...now I feel bad! Oh well, next year. (so sad they are that old) I would love to go Trick or Treating in Park City, I can imagine they are more generous with their candy...except below 50 degrees, yikes. Glad it is over too!

The Dunford Family said...

Shelly, you're not alone. If I could skip Halloween, i would. It kind of bugs! for all the reasons you mentioned and so many more. But hey, look at those cute kids you have....they did look adorable! But, it's over and now we can have fun with Thanksgiving and Christmas.

A. Goodie said...

I keep saying this but I think kids are so cute in Halloween costumes! I will have to admit though that after a couple times of doing costumes, it does get old, however this year I did no hair or makeup other than my own so it was not that bad. Enjoy the snow and cold coming up!!!

Full House said...

et me give you one clue...I had twins 2.5 years ago and now I have 4 month old triplets. Hence twin2trip. Hey Shell, you must have missed my comment under the props entry when I gave you my email address christinabrian1@yahoo.com AKA Vance. Write to me so we can stay connected.