3.30.2008

No more excuses!!!

I have dreaded and put this off for 8 years. Its the dreaded DIET time. I hate that word and the thought of it makes me want throw up. BUT, I have put this off for far too long and im not getting any younger. I keep finding excuses not to do this, but im totally done with all of that. The reason im writing this is because I want to be held responsible. Now that its out there, I have to do it. The only diet that has ever worked for me was Body for Life, but since I refuse to pay $150 a month for a gym membership, I cant really do it to the full extent. I have the Eating for Life book, so im going to follow that plan and then start walking and leading up to running. I have the worst knees ever, so running may be a but of a challenge, but I wont know unless I try, right? One thing my neighborhood is good for are the hills. Thats all the streets are. I am just so ready to start being healthy. I am cutting out all sugar and cutting my carbs WAY down. This is so drastic for me because I LOVE bread. Im such an emotinal eater. When im stressed I eat, when im bored I eat... So that pretty much sums up my life. Stress and bordem. Obviously not bored from lack of things to do, but being cooped up in this brown, log house gets to you after a while. It will be a challenge, but I think im up for one right now. Im just not a disciplined kind of person. I had Bill take some "before" pictures, but I will NOT be posting those. Sorry. I printed them out and put them in a notebook. I will keep a journal of what I eat for that day and keep pictures in it to keep me motivated. Just looking at my fat self is motivation enough.
I cant completly deprive myself or it wont work, soooo...Im not giving up my Diet Cokes, but I will cut down and drink ALOT more water.
I love blogs just for the fact that there is so much information to be shared. If you have something that has worked for you or just something you know of, please share. Im always up for some good advice.
My quote for the time being is...
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!!
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Barb Moody said...

ok Shelly...you've totally motivated me now! Everything you said is exactly what I've been thinking lately. You wouldn't believe the frumpiness going on lately (that word is for Bill cuz I know how much he loves it). I'm a full-blown plus size and I want to die. Anyway, good for you sista...you're totally gonna do it! Keep us posted on your progress!

Missy said...

Good for you! I need to get my own behind moving more...it makes me feel so much better. As for advice...I did Atkins Diet to get rid of prego/baby weight after all my babies. It's not a good diet to do forever, but it can usually get rid of lingering poundage. It's basically what you are doing anyways...no sugar/low intake of carbs....lots of protein. (it makes me sick thinking about it now, I did it for too long) Anyways, good luck to you!!! And I will be coming up your way this summer on our way to Bear Lake...it would be fun to meet at a park or something!

Kenyon said...

After Saylor it was the hardest EVER! I have learned to love running...never could have payed to believe I would ever run. Once you get started (running), find a local 5k and get registered. This helped me so much because it forced me to run when I didnt feel like it because I had payed for the race. I consider it a cheap personal trainer. Lately I've been focusing on my nightly cut off time for eating. I am also a big time emotional eater. Dont beat yourself up if you cheat or mess up because that feeds into the emotional eating roller coaster, I know from experience :) just get back on the wagon. I love Bob Green's new book. Sorry for the novel but this is something I am really focused on right now to :)

Kenyon said...

P.s- The book "Running w/ Angels" is the book that made me feel like I MIGHT be able to run. It is so good and inspirational. Its a womans story of losing 100 pounds all natural and than running a marathon.