3.07.2008

TMTH

Can I just say YEA!!!!!
I am so glad this kid is off the show. I have to admit that I think he has a really good voice, but this last week was the breaking point for me. Way TMTH. I had to cover my eyes because I was about to throw up.


I just love this kid. So much talent and humility in this guy. I was in tears during his "Imagine" song. I cant wait to see him soar all the way to the top.

Im going to go out on a limb here and put out some predicitions. I think its going to come down to these 5.
1. David Archuleta

2. Michael Johns (my FAV)

3. Carly Smithson (Even though she has already made lots of money, I still love her to death)

4. Syesha Mercado (she seriously has the all around talent. She can sing, she has personaltiy, she looks the part. I love her)

5. David Cook. (His Lionel Richie song this last week just shows how talented he is. The only thing...I cannot stand his facial expressions. Bill and I just crack up. You gotta have a rocker in there)

My runners up...

1. Jason Castro (not a fan of the hair, but I love his voice)

2. Brooke White (gotta give some love to the hometown girl. I love her deep, raspy voice)

This is such a talented top 12. Its going to be sad to see any of them go from this point on. I loved David Hernandez until I found out he used to be a male stripper-that kinda ruined it for me. This is the first season that Bill has watched it with me and I love it. Finally a show we can agree on. On each elimination night, we pick our castoffs and whoever loses has to get up with the kids the next day. So far...Shelly 2, Bill O. I dont know why he trys, I am ALWAY right.

Also, my new favorite show, ELI STONE. If you havent watched this show, DO!!! It is clean, it has a good message and its so entertaining. Its on ABC on Thursday nights. Watch it!!

9 comments:

Kenyon said...

Oh, my gosh, I have to comment. I love Anerican Idol, and it is fun to talk about it w/ someone who is also a fan. I could not stand TMTH at first, but than he started growing on me. When he started saying TMTH, I did need him to stop saying that, but I was sad to see him go. I wanted Chickeezee to go. He is a nice guy but a dime a dozen to me. I loved the Lionel Richie song, but those facials, oh my gosh, sometimes I cant even look at the t.v when he does that side grin when he is singing uggghhhh! He is so talented though. Also, one of my pet peeves is when the contestants are defensive when getting feedback from judges, and he got all serious and defensive a week or 2 ago, but he is SO talented. LOVE DAvid Archeleta, and I to cried during "imagine" song. Such a sweetheart. I really like the Australian guy, that sang "Dont forget about me" song, he is AWESOME! I dont know names well. Is that Michael Johns? Whoever it is LOVE him! Im trying to think who David Castro is. Is he the guy that got voted off, the " wake me up, before you go go" song? I did not like him. My favorite is Michael johns. I also like Jason Castro. Have a good week :)

Kenyon said...

I looked up Castro, so I figured it out.

Rachel Cunningham said...

I knew I could count on you for an AI post. Here's my opinion in a nut shell...Michael Johns is smokin' hot, David is adorable and beyond talented, dreadlock guy has an awesome voice, Brooke White..way to represent Mesa..love her voice, and Carly has the best accent ever. Such a great season!!!! So relieved to see Danny go home! I could not have stomached much more of that fruitcake.

Nancy said...

Shel- What is TMTH. I don't watch the show so I have no idea what that means and am dying to find out.

Shelly Lomu said...

Nancy, it means too much to handle.

The Jones Six said...

Hi Shelly! Rachel Cunningham has summed up my feelings! I love those two guys! How are you?

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Hi Shelly- I found you through Nancy, hope that's ok. Your family is darling & what a fun blog. We aren't too far from you-in St. George. We love Park City, but would definately have a hard time in the snow too!
Life sounds great & busy for you too. Keep in touch.
Loves
Jodi (Brown) Curtis
curtiscountry.blogspot

Barb Moody said...

I haven't checked your blog for a few days so I'm way behind with the commenting. But anyway, I didn't know Bill was watching the show but every time I see those facial expressions from David Cook I think of Bill because I know that would bug the crap out of him too. Everytime he sings I get beet red and have to hide my face because I'm so uncomfortable! Just like when Clay Aiken would make his weird faces...remember those? Anyway, I'm SO glad you're watching and keep posting about it. I totally agree with you about everyone. p.s. are you guys coming to AZ w/ Scott's fam??

Joan said...

Hey Shelly,
It's Joan Martin/Lasura. I wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog for a few months. It has been fun finding old friends through blogging. I love to read your blog because you are so honest and tell it like it is.
I have been in a similar situation with my husband for the past year and a half. He is in the Air Force program to become a pilot and he goes to work for 12 hours a day, comes home, says hi to us and then goes in his office to study for the rest of the night and then goes to bed. There is an end in sight for us he will graduate next Friday! We are living in Alabama right now so we haven't been able to do occasional weekend trips to AZ(of course we don't have snow here). After graduation we are scheduled to move to New Mexico for a few months I am so excited to only be a state away from my family.
Sorry for the novel of my life story, just wanted to say "hi".
Joan