3.18.2008

Easter 2008

I have officially given myself the "Lamest Mom" award. Im not sure why, but I just wasnt into it this year. I didnt get Easter clothes, I went to the dollar part of walmart and got them each something and I filled some eggs with candy. That was about it. My parents were in town for some business meetings, so they spent part of Saturday and Sunday at our house. The kids loved having them here and ate up every second they could before they had to leave. If it werent for my parents saving the day with their fun Easter gifts, im sure it would have been a total disaster.


We have early church, so the kids are all half asleep. I didnt even empasize the whole easter bunny thing. Matter of fact, I dont even think I mentioned it once. Bill was out of town for the weekend and I of course put off getting any Easter stuff until then, so it was kinda hard to say the Easter Bunny brought it when they were with me when I bought it. But none the less, I think they liked getting easter baskets filled with gum and dollar toys.

I dont have a whole lot of pictures of my kids with my Dad, so I was so excited to get one with all of them. I absolutly love it!!!



Every year, we usually do an easter egg hunt of some sort. In law school, they had some really neat ones and we did at least 2 every year. When we got home, our ward and our parents ward always did one that we would go to. I guess when there is still snow on the ground and its still in the 30's, its not so fun. I couldnt find one in all of Park City. I found tons in Salt Lake, but I wasnt about to pay $10 a kid to find plastic eggs. Sorry. So, when Bill got home he hid some around the house and the kids seemed to be just fine with that.


Tyson was a little curious as to why the Easter Bunny went to his friends house but not to ours. Whoops!!!

Lucky for me, it doesnt take a whole lot to make these kids happy. Im very blessed to have such sweet kids who love each other most the time and just like being together no matter what we do. I think I was blessed with these kids becasue im so not creative. Although I strive to be... someday!!!!
Happy Easter

6 comments:

Missy said...

You are not a LAME MOM if you have such happy kids...give yourself some credit! I too was not real into Easter this year. The E.B. left some pretty "lame" baskets for my kids and felt bad so he "hid" them and tried to make it fun. I think they were a little disappointed, but...there's always next year. Your kids are really cute...and you can tell they love eachother. What more do they need?! Good job.

Shauna said...

Give yourself a break...you're not a lame mom! I may be though. I got Tyler a DS game and a cheap $5.50 movie at Walmart. I felt bad that he didn't have any candy with it, so I had to use his b-day candy from a goodie bag that he got and lucky for me I used his easter basket from last year! ha ha ha ha He thinks the Easter Bunny was wonderful this year....little does he know. :)

The Malone's said...

I probably joined you in the lame mom's club if they had one. They boys didn't get new clotes and Jonas and Finn both got the same thing (a puzzle and a monster truck). They did do an egg hunt, buy only after church and even then it was jelly beans and nickles. I'm not too worried about hyping the whole thing up, its really not that big of a deal is it?

shell said...

Your kids are so cute. did you know your grandma gwen was married to jason's grandpa or great grandpa. we're totally family!!
i sent aryn the email. let me know if you don't get your invite soon.

Julie said...

Love hearing about your Easter happenings... I think Easter kinda snuck up on a lot of us this year. It was TOO early! I also didn't do as much as usual. OH WELL! Your kids just look too freakin cute! Love the 5 on the couch! What smiles!

Kylie said...

I laughed when I read your Easter...because that was TOTALLY, exactly our easter!!! The Easter Bunny must have been sleeping on the job at more than just our house this year!! Your kids are SO cute!!