3.07.2008

The Randomness that is my life

This is probably my 2nd longest post ever, so feel free to skip. Im journaling.
Here is whats been happening...

While we were in AZ last month, Lani thought it would be funny to put some small, styrofoam balls into her ears. I told her to take them out, and while she did that, she managed to push one in so far that no matter how hard we tried, we couldnt pull it out. I figured that since she wasnt in pain and since it wasnt causing her any hearing loss, I would take her in to the Dr when I had time. She was due for an immunization, so I killed two birds. The Dr brought this mega suction machine and had it all the way against the ball and it wouldnt budge. He sent us to an Ear Dr and Lani was so terrifed of the long thing he had to stick in her ear that she was shaking and she couldnt sit still. He was nervous about puncturing the ear drum so he said she would have to be put under. Are you kidding??? So the next day, we went to the hospital, got it out and were on our way home in an hour. Lani is a funny and VERY talkative girl as it is, but she seriously was soooo funny when they gave her a sedative. She was slurring her words and cracking up at nothing. She couldnt believe that she couldnt remember them taking it out. She tried to stand up to get dressed after it was all done and fell flat on her face. Hilarious. Cant wait to get the bill!!!
(I forgot to put the picture right side up)
Our other car has been snowed in since Christmas. A guy in our ward gathered up some youth in the ward and they dug it out for us. So nice!!! We had a guy Bill knows come over with his tractor to dig it out, but the car wouldnt start, so these kids finished the job. Gotta love snow.

Noah was in his first science fair. It was kind of an easy experiment considering we started 2 days before the fair and Bill was taking the Bar. He didnt win anything, but he did a good job and had fun doing it.


The kids are enjoying the snow before it melts and they play outside as much as they can. Its not so horribly cold anymore, so they actually have fun. Noah decided to make the ultimate sleddng hill and set his ramps up in 2 different spots. He got so much speed that we had to have him use a smaller sled and put on a helmet. Noah almost killed himself and Tyson ran into the house.



I just realized that I never posted AZ pictures. The kids had so much fun and they never left outside.

Avery loves my moms floor.
These 2 crazy kids got into all sorts of trouble and loved every minute of it.
I long for the days of eating outside in the sunshine!!!
(These kids all got haircuts right after they ate lunch)



Its so much fun to have a scout. Noah got his Bear award and the whole family was there to see it. Isnt he soooo handsome.
This night was also a cardboard car derby. It was so fun to see all these creative boys and their cars.
They had to run around the obstacle course 15 times. These poor kids, I dont think I could have done 3 laps. They all looked like they were gonna die.
Noah did!!!




We got a pass to the Thanksgiving Point Museum. The kids love it and they seriously could go everyday. They love all the HUGE dinosaurs and all the fun, hands on exhibits.






I finally was able to get Tyson into a preschool. I guess its technically not a preschool-just a few moms taking turns teaching the kids. Its been so fun for him because he gets to go to his friends houses and learn. Its been awesome!!! This week, we went to the Discovery museum with his class. Caleb loved that he got to tag along.
( Forgot this picture too)
Tyson loved to pretend he really worked on a ranch.
Caleb was in heaven with this horse. I think he thought it was real.
Tyson is such a climber. This was the perfect place for him. Caleb even got the hang of it and now hes climbing all over the house.



So much crazy stuff going on, but not too much out of the ordinary. Just trying to survive this so called "Spring". (It has snowed the past 3 days)




3 comments:

Lomu's said...

Hello! I had no idea you went through all of that with Lani. Scott just kept telling me you were at the Dr. with her, and I assumed she was just getting her immunization you told me about. Glad to hear it went okay, besides the sedation. Love your new post, those pictures of Avery are seriously the cutest. Scott thinks Noah looks just like him and Bill looked as kids, lets just hope he doesn't act like them:)
Andrea

Barb Moody said...

Oh Shelly...the kids looks SO cute in these pictures! I can't believe how much they're growing and Noah is seriously the most handsome little guy I've ever seen. My mom and I just printed some of the pictures from the blog. I would have given anything to see Lani sedated! I wish you got it on video. Anyway, I'm glad everything went well with that. I wish you guys were coming for Easter..it's not the same without you guys here :(

Rachel Cunningham said...

Love love love all your new pics! Such cute kids! Noah is too handsome for his own good. Look out girls! When is the next AZ trip? Any luck with your Cali plans? Hope you're warming up in Park City!