5.15.2007

You gotta love em'

Oh, the beast that is the clogged toilet. We get it fixed, and it clogs again. So this time my husband decided to fix it himself instead of paying $80 or more to have a plumber come out. We bought a snake at home depot for $13 and Bill went to work. When nothing was happening, he decided to rip the toilet up. So after doing that and getting himself covered in who knows what, he figures that the clog is in the toilet and not in the hole in the ground. After some crafty manuvering, the snake reaches the clog and wouldnt you know it, it was a christmas bow. That just shows ya how long the toilets been semi-cloged. Bill thinks there is another clog and goes in again, but soon realizes, after dumping the contents of the toilet on the floor, that its all clear. After turning the toilet back over, out falls a toothbrush. It seems that our little Caleb loves to watch things go down the toilet. This adds to a lovely collection of cars, baby wipes, and balls. Thanks Bill for saving us some money and doing an awesome job and thanks Caleb for always giving us something to clean up!!!

4 comments:

Britney said...

haha thats funny!! I know your toilet seems like it is always clogged. GO BILL for fixing it!! What a handy guy!

I told you I had a blog on Sunday when we were talking about it. All you had to do is click on my name on the comments I left you to go to it. But anyways glad you found it!

Missy said...

We had to buy a "snake" when Garrett was about that age for the same reason! And used it quite often for the next 2 years or so when we had Dylan. I think that the toilet thing is a boy thing, we haven't had to use it since they were toddlers. That handy tool is worth every penny, but it is definately Mark's job, not mine! Yuck!

Mary Taylor said...

Oh my gosh! Hurray for Bill - he is handy afterall...who knew?

The Dunford Family said...

Shelly, we're totally on the blog at the same time! how funny! Yes, I have chores to do this beautiful Saturday morning, but I rather be surfing!
I would be really scared if my kids knew how to do that.....I'm problem enogh.