1.26.2010

Calebs 5th Birthday!!

This handsome boy turned 5.
Seriously, where did the time go?




These 2 are such buddies since they get to be home with eachother half of the day


Calebs birthday is 2 days before Christmas. Its always hard to have a party because there is always so much going on. I feel bad for the kid because he always seems to get jipped in the party area. This year, I wanted him to have a fun day. We decided to have a train making party about a week before his real birthday. It was such a fun night. We had pizza and made candy trains. He loved it!!


Such a spread...right?




Since we were going to shove our faces with candy all night, I really didnt see much need for a cake, but we needed something so I just went with cupcakes. We had a real cake on his actual birthday.
Im such a cook...cant you tell??




He got this cool birthday hat from school and had worn it everyday up to his birthday




We opened presents first before things got all messy with the trains. Caleb got spoiled from all his aunts and cousins and Grandparents. He was definatly a happy boy!!










The best part of the night...the trains!!
This has been a tradition of my family ever since I was little. Every year, we would make these candy trains for our friends. I loved delivering them because everyone would always freak out. Once I got older, my friends would just come over and make their own. Bill and I have a competition every year on who can make the coolest train. I totally win every year =)



Everyone looks so excited to get started.



Even little Kate got in on the action...well the candy eating action anyway.



Mary and Selle and Drew and Maile



I think Ana won for the most candy on her train. It was covered



This is my favorite sight...seeing all the kids laughing and talking and having a good time. Now that they are getting older, it happens quite often. I love it!!



Tysons masterpiece



Yea, Avery totally did this herself (thanks dad)

Scrubs ate more candy than he had on his train. He was so proud of himself!


Lulu's pretty little train station, complete with gummy bear passangers


Maddy won for the longest train


And Noahs, just a hot mess of candy bar goodness



Caleb was nice enough to let Lanis friend Abby come and join the party



It was such a fun birthday. We love this sweet little boy!!
Things we love about Caleb:
He is obsessed with sports...ALL sports
He still loves to cuddle with me
He LOVES his little sister and always protects her
He has the sweetest smile that can just melt your heart
He is sneaky and mischevious
He is tender hearted
He still talks with a severe speech impetiment and its the cutest thing
He has the best blue eyes
His nickname is scrubs (dont even get me started)
He loves to play with his daddy. He bugs him the second he walks in the door to go outside and play sports
He learned how to swim last summer after only 5 lessons
He bites his fingernails to the skin...and his toenails.
He just learned how to write his name. (we are a bit slow)
Caleb is sweet and sensitive and loving and loves to help when I cook. He hides in the bathroom whenever there are chores to be done. He HATES chores. He is smart and witty and observent and I could just eat this kid, I love him so much.
Happy Birthday Scrubs!!!




















No comments: