1.26.2010

Arizona State Fair

I used to go to the Arizona State fair every year when I was a kid. I loved the corn dogs and all the exhibits and I just thought it was the coolest place ever. Now that I have kids of my own, I just cant get myself to spend the money on a night of full on white trashness...but a free night of full on white trashness-that I can do!!
Bill has a cousin that has a chicken stand inside and he got us in for free...awesome!!


The second we walked in there were a few trailers that held the largest animals I had ever seen. Avery is standing in front of the pig but she was a bit nervous taking her eyes off of it.




She felt better being protected by her big brother


Then there was this massive horse-even I got nervous that this thing was going to eat us alive



And the cow...


Once we saw that, we realized we were starving. We headed over to the chicken stand and Bills cousin hooked us up with plates and plates of the best chicken ever. I have never seen the kids eat so much in my life.






After the chicken, Bills cousin brought us over some funnel cakes. I have never eaten one of those in my life, but holy crap...yum!!
Noah didnt even take a breath. He chowed down and his face and teeth were covered in the sugary fried goodness.










Even this little monkey liked them




My handsome boys!!



The view from the top of the ferris wheel



I thought the boys would freak out but they loved it



My kids love to compete with each other and once they saw this slide they had to race. Avery couldnt go herslef, so I got suckered into taking her on. Not really that fun.


Im not sure we will race back next year, but we still had a fun night!!

No comments: