1.20.2009

Decisions. decisions

I just got back from the doctor with more questions and more decisions to be made. The results of my chest x-ray came back clear-which is great news. My MRI showed more tumors in the breast which completly rules out saving the breast. No chance at all. I figured as much and actually I prefer it so I dont have to always wonder if it will come back. I still havent recieved the results for the genetic testing, so that may change it from a single to double masectomy. I also get a full body bone scan on Thursday to see if it has spread to my bones. Im hopeful that it hasnt and that it is contained to the lymph nodes only.
So now our options are this...we can take all our records and go home and find our own doctors and do it all there (which is my first choice), or we can do the surgery here, with the doctors that we have already seen, and then go home for Chemo and radiation. If I stay here for the surgery, then we are looking at the middle of march for going home. I guess either way, we are pulling the kids out of school at a bad time, so that isnt really a consideration anymore. I really just dont even want to make any of these decisions. Just make it go away!!!
So...lots of things to think about. but im leaning more towards home, and soon. If anyone knows of any doctors that we might be able to go to, please, please let me know. We are really just starting from square one down in AZ, so any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly-I have some Docs for your consideration. My sis works in a Chemo/Radiation Center I can pass along the info if you are interested?
Just email or call me-mpctyler@cox.net
Peyta

Jenny said...

I also have a neighbor that has survived breast cancer twice. I can find out her doctors.

SloneFamily said...

Hi Shelly, MY name is Aly Slone... a friend of Mary's and I am also Laurie Pulzato's daughter. I think My Mom was trying to hook you up with my Aunt who is a Breast Cancer Survivor, hopefully this has already happened... if not, I will push for it. Your story has moved me so much and it is so empowering to see how strong you are and how much Faith you have. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Full House said...

Oh I do hope you find a really good doctor so that you can get down here. You really are going to need as much support as possible. I will ask around as well. Waylon deals with doctors so I will see if he can put his feelers out there as well.

I am so worried about you. I'm not a fan of cancer.

Full House said...

I tried to call you, no need to call back I just wanted you to know I'm here for you.

Also I recently did hear of someone who had cancer that went on a very special diet. They swore it helped them so if you would like I will get that info as well.

XOXO

Elizabeth said...

Dear Shelly, I live in Arizona Gilbert area and was dignosed with stage 3 in Nov. My friend Stacy Farrington told me about you! I have gone through my 2nd round of chemo. I had a mastectomy in right breast and have had all the bone scans etc. Please if you need a doctor or any thing I would love to help. My # is 602 625-8124 or email @ eacluff@aol.com It is all fresh in my mind because I am in it as we speak! I have good doctors/surgeons etc... I also have a dear friend who just finished her treatments and we both have the same doctors! Love to you and hope your doing well.

Elizabeth Cluff

The Jones Six said...

Shelly, Have your mom call Eldene and Danny Kilpatrick. Danny will be very helpful. My email is lindsaydjones@hotmail.com if you need their number. I'm pretty sure it's the same number from when you were all in the same ward. We are praying for you! Love, Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Shelly, I just want you to know that you're AMAZING and you are so gonna BEAT this crap! I love you so much and I will be a phone call away at all times!! You're Blog is BEAUTIFUL! I have spent two hours reading, laughing, crying, and thinking how amazing you truly are! I lauged my head off at the American Idol concert! That ROCKED and I will be forever gratful for the invite! I can't wait to see you on Saturday! I am so glad your on your way back to fabulous AZ where it's nice and warm! I wish like CRAZY that I would have made more time to hang out! I love you so so much and I am so proud to have you as my wonderful, darling, talented and STRONG Friend! Tell the entire family I said "Hello" Love ya and see you on Satruday! Already got the sitter! XOXOXO Amers

Britney said...

Well you already know that I want you to come home haha. But whatever you do we will all support you!!

Charlene said...

Hello...I was given your blog address by my friend Stacey Fairrington as well. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Dec. of 07 and when Elizabeth was diagnosed just a few months ago, I gave her my doctors numbers...because I have been so pleased with all of my dr's. I, along with Elizabeth, will be here for you if you ever need anything. I am living proof that you WILL get through this! You can email me or call me anytime...Although some of the details aren't as "fresh" in my mind as they are Elizabeth's.

Take care...Charlene Holbrook
Gilbert, AZ
cholbrook2@cox.net
480-664-0098

RPH said...

Oh my heavens Shelly! I have not checked your blog in a while...what a few posts to come back to. Good luck with everything. I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Raygon Postert