1.03.2009

CALEB IS 4

Now, dont be jealous of my baking and decorating skills. Now, I know what your thinking-isnt Caleb a boy? Why in the world is his cake pink. Well...I tried to write Happy Birthday in red and it was literally the worst thing I had ever seen, so I mixed it in with the white frosting and there you have it...pink. But to be honest, I dont even think he noticed.
I hadnt planned on having a party for Caleb because we were heading to Az and I figured we would do something there, but at the last moment, I changed my mind. He actually has some friends this year and I thought he would enjoy it. I am so glad I did it-he had a blast. We live in a circle and with in it are 5 boys all around the same age. Its so much fun for them.
We decided to do a make your own pizza thing and it was crazy messy but fun.



It took a little longer than I thought-trying to cook all these little pizzas with only one oven.




This is Caleb and his best little friend Pierce, who just moved, and Caleb is so sad.

After lunch, the kids went on a scavanger hunt to find the treat bags. They were ALL over the house, running and screaming from one clue to the next.


Finally, the prize. And wouldnt you know it, it was under the tree!!


Avery was just happy watching Dora





Even though we told the kids to wait and not go through their bags, they immediatly went to the table and emptyed the bags.

Next, Caleb opened his presents. I love that he sticks his tounge out when opening the presents.


This kid was all about Transformers this year...and boy did he score.


Then it was cake time!!


Nothing like sugar filled 4 and 5 year olds!!



It didnt take them long to break open these babies and start the gun fights




The party was a success and Caleb was so happy to have all the attention on him for once.
Caleb is the most sweet and loving little boy. He got RSV and pnemonia when he was only 11 days old and was in the hospital for a week. It was such a scary time, but it gave us a whole week, uninterupted , to bond and we still share that special bond today. He loves his favorite stuffed animal, pengi (a penguin-original name, I know) He is such a protector of his little sister and always makes to sure she has her blankie and her sippie cup before bed. This kid can fall asleep anywhere and he usually does. For some reason, he hates his bed and would rather fall asleep curled up on the floor behind the couch. He loves sports and has a natural talent for all things sports-he is his dads dream. He loves to cuddle and curl up with me still-I love it. He is the most tickelish boy in the world-all you have to do is touch him and he is dying on the floor. Im so proud of this kid and I just love him so much.
Happy Birthday Scrubs!!!
( In case your wondering about the nickname...it goes a little like this. It started out with Caleb, then ca-leb-a-dub, then scrub-a-dub (in the tub) then scrubs or scrubba. Wierd, I know)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelly! I remember when I ran into you on Black Friday in Toys R Us when you were pregnant with him...time flies! He is so cute.
Peyta