1.03.2009

CHRISTMAS EVE

Christmas Eve is always a little hectic. We are usually running from my family to Bills. This year I thought it wouldnt be that way-but I was wrong. Again the times conflicted and back and forth we went.

My family party kicked off the night with the yummiest chicken pie that my Aunt Sandy makes every year-they are to die for.

I really didnt get too many good shots-sorry about this one Trent, or should I say Bishop Malone. Hows that for a Christmas present!!










My family party is always full of food, laughter, tears and more food. I dont get to see my Aunt or my cousins very often and I always look foward to this night. I just wish I had more time with them. All my little cousins arent so little anymore-they are married, one is in the Marines, and the little ones are in high school-its crazy. Im old. This year, I missed out on the talent show and the grateful circle. The grateful circle is something we have done since my grandparents were still alive. We light candles and go around the room saying what we are thankful for-it always ends up in tears. I really missed it this year.
We then headed over the Lomus.
The kids make gingerbread cookies


Ok, so some made them and others ate them.


This little cutie was running all over the place. She is the most smiley baby. My kids couldnt get enough of her.




We had a fun white elephant gift exchange all done by my mother in law. It was awesome!!
Then, Ana did a cute little nativity play and included all the kids. They loved it.



Avery even got in on the fun!





Avery loves dogs..from a far. When we came for Thanksgiving, she was terrified of Harry-this time, she couldnt get enough the dog.



Mary and Drew sang us some Christmas songs-ok so Drew sang us some songs. This kid just turned 2 and he can sing and hes got rythem. Kate got in on the action too!!


After that, we went back to my parents house for a scavanger hunt to find the Christmas jammies.


Then it was off to dreamland. They all fell asleep so fast, I was amazed.









Dreaming of Santa-well the ones that still believe were anyway!!





1 comment:

Mike and Deb said...

We sure loved having you guys here for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. We finally felt like your kids were getting to know us again just a little bit. We wish you weren't so far away. Happy New Year!