1.26.2008

So Disapointing...

Im getting so bugged. I have been to main st. 3 times and the only celeb I saw was one I have already seen-Bono. What I want to know is where are they hiding and why cant I find them. Park City is not a big place for cryin out loud. Maybe im going at all the wrong times, or maybe its the fact that ive got 5 kids with me and cruising in the burb doesnt cut it!!!
Last night, Bill and I went out with a few couples from our ward. They called and wanted to do dinner and a Sundance film. Of course I was all for it-any chance to hang out with no kids on Main St.-I knew I was going to see some stars. NOPE! All I saw was a lot of guys in skinny jeans and turtle necks. I was so disapointed. We ate in a resturaunt on main with a clear view of it all-and still nothing. I think ive figured that they dont even come out until after 11. Such a bummer. Tomorow is the last day-maybe i'll just go hang out at the airport or something. Nah, im not THAT big of a loser. I guess i'll just wait until the news (US magazine) comes out and read about how close they really were and I missed them by that much. Oh well, maybe next year I wont be so sick and I will actually feel like putting more effort into it. Sorry to disapoint!!!!
It is a pretty cool sight to see all the shops transformed into clubs and resturaunts from LA. It really does look like a different place. I especially liked this one...Bill really wanted to go in.
I will say that I had quite the time peolple watching. Such a strange mix of peolpe. I really could have done it all night.
We didnt end up going to a Sundance movie-not the best of choices. I really didnt feel like watching parapeligics (SP???) explore their a..curiositys. Intersting film choices. We instead went and saw 27 Dresses (much to the joy of all the guys) Can I just say how much I LOVED that movie. Soooo cute. I would totally reccomend it. So funny and cute. Bill played blackjack on his phone the whole time, soo maybe leave the hubbys at home.



Ok, Julie, you know who are. I know I told you this before, but she is so you. I seriously got homesick watching this because she reminds me so much of you. I love ya Katherine, I mean Julie!!!!

5 comments:

The Malone's said...

Come on, a new fancy lense, a great camera and no good stocker shots? I'm so disappointed. Oh well, there is always next year.

Britney said...

I saw that movie with Sharon last weekend and I loved it too!! I want to go see it again. I agree, not a good movie for guys..haha. Poor bill!!

Julie said...

Ha Shelly! You made me laugh!! I LOVE YOU THE MOST!
(My friend's husband went on and on about that movie and how it was so me... joking about the "choice" words, stuffing her face!Ha!)

Shauna said...

Shelly (Malone)...what a blast from the past!!! I can't believe how many people are in the blogging world and it's so neat to keep up to date with everyone. You have a beautiful family!!

Tanner5 said...

What's a movie? It's been so long I don't remember what it's like. I'm glad you guys had fun. At least you saw Bono. Curtis is jealous.