1.14.2008

Christmas 2007

I am finally getting around to the Christmas post. I dont know why it has taken so long-but here it is....

We started it off with treats from school. The kids had gingerbread house partys in each of their classes and they both got Dad to come and help-they loved that.

Then, the baking began. I seriously baked for 2 days and then I didnt even give anyone plates. I tried a bunch of new things and I didnt think any of them turned out-so most of it ended up in the trash. But, it was fun to try. Maybe next year!!!!
We only have Bills 2 brothers here in Utah and they both have their wives families here so we decided to get together on the Sunday before Christmas (which also happened to be Calebs birthday). We had a yummy dinner and then we had a gift exchange for all the kiddos. Bill went to the dollar store and grabbed a few things to wrap. Its so funny-you could spend tons on toys that they kinda like but you go to the dollar store and they are in heaven. We played a fun game with the presents and when they opened them they all switched with someone else. It was a fun night hangin out with family.
I just had to take a picture of these two- Sunny and Avery. Sunny is a few months younger than Avery, but she is way bigger. Its amazing that I actually have a lightweight.

It was different this Christmas not being with family on Christmas Eve, so we wanted to make it fun for our kids. We planned on going out and looking at lights and then going to Temple Square to check out the lights, but that plan got squashed thanks to the all day snow blizzard. We decided to make cookies for Santa-sugar cookies. While dinner was cooking, the kids did their own cutouts. Who knew it would make such a mess. Only my kids!!!!

After a meatloaf (Bills favorite) and potatoes dinner (note to self: the kids do not like meatloaf), it was time for Christmas jammies. I love this tradition. This year, Bill made each of them a treasure map and they had to follow each clue to find them. It was so cute-they loved it.

This year, we decided to start a new Christmas eve tradition. The week before Christmas, we had the kids draw names (They couldnt keep the secret any longer than that!!)We gave them a limit and they each got to chose a gift for who they picked. It was fun to see what each of them thought the other would like. The kids loved their presents and it was cute to see them say thank you and give hugs to each other. I think im going to like this tradition.

Christmas morning: you can see they are all real excited to get going. I really think Lani was dissapointed to not see "Butterscotch" sitting by the tree.


Avery loved her orange from her stocking.


They all got the one thing they wanted most. It really was a fun Chrismtas!!!


Noah got his beloved Marble Mania set. (Noah is our future arcitect (sp?)



Tyson got a "cars" pillow

Caleb got a Choo-Choo!!!

Lani got her much wanted American Doll. (thanks Mom)


And Avery had had ENOUGH!!! She just wanted to go to bed.

We really did enjoy ourselves this Christmas. As hard as it was not being with family, it was nice to not have to rush from one house to the next not really being able to relax. The kids got the play with their toys before we loaded up and headed home to AZ. We left the house a complete mess, but I didnt feel like cleaning on Christmas-so I didnt and because of that, it has taken me over a week to get organized. I would have to say though that it was all worth it!!!




1 comment:

Missy said...

Your kids looked so cute in their Xmas Jammies! So funny...I baked for 2 days straight too and should have thrown my disgusting goodies away but couldn't because I put so much effort into it. (I am sure the people who recieved them tossed them for me, lol!) And we also had the kids draw eachother's names and opened them on Xmas Eve and it was so cute! It works well with so many kids. Glad you survived, don't feel bad cuz I am still cleaning up!