4.30.2008

Overdue

It seems like forever since I have updated. I cant believe how busy it has been and any down time i have, im just too tired to care much about blogging (Shocker). A couple weeks ago, my sister and her family came all the way from Texas to visit. They almost didnt make it due to a super storm that knocked out their power for a day and rained huge hail that cracked their roof and dented their car, but being the loyal sister that she is, they came anyway.
It was such a short trip so we had to cram in as much as we could. We went to the church museum, then headed downtown to the Gateway and ate Costa Vida (yum). It was already late so we went home and watched the new "Office" and the kids watched a movie, had dessert, ate popcorn and then hit the sack.
The next day, Stacy and I went shopping and the hubbys took the kids to the pioneer trail that is just outside our neighborhood. We met for lunch at this cute little pizza place on Main St.

I think Avery liked it the most!! (She loves straws)

After lunch we waited for the trolley to take us for a ride up and down Main St., but sadly it never showed. of course.

But... the kids had fun beating up this bear statue instead.

We went back home to hang out, relax, and make dinner. The kids played outside while we stayed warm inside. Julia loved the snow (what was left of it)

So what do you get when the snow melts?? Mud, mud and more mud. Before I could say a word, it was already too late so I just let them enjoy it. Stacy on the other hand threatend her kids lives if they even came close to the mud.

This little jungle woman wanted in on the fun, so I stripped her down and let her loose. (ps, it was like 40 degrees-but she could care less)


I took so many pictures of her because lets face it, she is just the cutest little monkey.

Those look suspisciously like finger prints on her back. I wonder how they got there?? hmm

Maybe from these crazy kids!!!

Sadly they had to leave and 4 the next morning, but we still had fun while it lasted.

Thanks for coming Tanner Family!!!



5 comments:

Britney said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! You guys need to come visit soon avery is looking like a total different girl! She is so cute!

The Malone's said...

I love the picture of the kids beating up the bear staue, only the Malone Cousins could do such a thing.

Mary Taylor said...

How fun!! I can't believe how big the Tanner kids are!! Your kids look so cute, as always. I can't wait for the cabin! Hope you're all doing well. Give all your kiddos a big smooch from auntie Mele :)

Missy said...

OMG...I can't believe it's still snowing...you poor thing! And I think your are the nicest mom ever for letting your kids take a Mud Bath...my kids would love to do that.

Nancy said...

What fun it sounds like you had with your sister. The mud thing is so funny and very messy. However you only live once and you are only a kid once so I say play. I know what you mean by too buisy to blog. May is turning into my December it seems. I am more buisy now than any other time of the year.