4.04.2008

Conferance April 08

I enjoyed conference so much these past 2 days. I am so grateful for our new Prophet. He is such an amazing man with the most amazing gift for telling sotries that truly touch me everytime. I have always had a love for Pres. Monson and Im excited for what is to come. I just wanted to jot down a few thoughts before they are lost. I know that Elder Ballards talk was meant just for me. I love how sweet and profound his words were. He didnt make me feel guilty for how ive been as a mom, I just felt a strong and almost urgent need to be a better mom. This winter has been a hard one for me and I have found myself bored and spending too much time avoiding doing the things that I should be doing (laundry, cleaning, playing with kids, bills...) I realized that I need to stop thinking about myself and focus on my kids right now because it will be over so fast. I dont want to waste time. Im so grateful to be a mother and it has been the biggest blessing in my life. I dont ever want to take that for granted. I could think of a million things I would rather do than play duck duck goose a thousand times or read the same book over and over, but its so important to them now that I do do those things becasue it shows them I love them when I spend time with them. I get caught up in all the day to day things that i think have to be done that I forget that. I also appreciated Elders Ballards words about taking time for me and to not forget who I am because that will make me a better mother and wife. When he said to find 1 or 2 things and improve upon those things, I had a hard time thinking of even one thing that I could do because I just havent really given myself the opportunity to do it. Im excited to do it now. I love how I feel after hearing the words of our church leaders because it makes me feel like I can take on the world-if only it could last. Im determined to do my best to make it last. Im so grateful for this weekend and what I have learned and what it has done to my life. This was actually the first conference since we have had kids that I was able to listen. Avery went down for naps at the begining of each session and the other kids occupied themselves with destruction and leftover Easter candy. Of course my house is now trashed and its going to take all night to clean it up, but it was all worth it. I cant wait for October!!!

1 comment:

Cassie and Chad said...

I totally agree! I loved conference. President Monson is an amazing man. I too loved Elder Ballard's talk on mothers. (yes winter this year has been WAY to long)