4.27.2008

Crazy Week

Whew, what a crazy week this has been. I know its crazy when I dont even have time to blog. I have way too much to blog about and its going to take a while to catch up, so that will have to come at a later time. I am the compassionate service leader in my ward, and a week ago a guy from our ward who was serving a mission in Brazil was struck by a car and killed. It has been such an emotional week. The funeral is tomorow, so after that I will catch up. This is the second funeral I have had to plan since I got this calling and its seriously the hardest thing. I couldnt even imagine being on the other end. I have never seen so much support and willingness to help than I have in this ward-its definately made my job a little easier. Its amazing to see how people really come together in times of tragedy. I will post about it all later.

4 comments:

Britney said...

wow that is crazy you have another funeral. And a missionary...thats got to be hard.

The Malone's said...

That is a hard calling. I was the CSL for a while then I got called to Girls Camp, right after that we have 4 funerals, a little boy hit by a car and in the hospital for weeks and then some other stuff I can't remember. I hope all goes well for you.

Cassie and Chad said...

Wow, I remember hearing about that on the news, I am so sorry. I hope all went well today.

Mike and Deb said...

Wow, what tough job. I had no idea the CSL had to plan funerals. I always thought it was the family. Hang in there sis. You're the best.