10.01.2007

THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR

Is this normal??? Because if it is, I dont like it. Its only September and we have already had 2 snowfalls. It snowed all day on Saturday and in mid afternoon, it finally started to stick. You could totally tell we are not from the snow because we were the only ones out playing in the 1/2 inch of snow.



This is in our back yard-this hill will be so nice when it is covered with snow-PERFECT sledding hill.
This was in the morning when it was snowing but not sticking and before I MADE them get jackets on.




And Avery was just so happy watching them from the window in her nice, warm house

The part I hate the worst is the "after". Our little mud room was covered with wet clothes, gloves, jackets and shoes. I was left to clean up while the kids jumped in the hot bath. Fun for them,not so much for me!!!!


10 comments:

The Malone's said...

You guys are going to Freeze! No, but how fun for the kids to go and play. Aren't you looking forward to Snow days for school? I wish we could have a little snow here. Oh well!

Brooke said...

Looks like a lot of fun. The sledding hill will be a blast. Not everyone can go sledding in their backyard. I know it will be cold, but you are in the perfect place for snow activities.

Kylie said...

How fun for you kids!! They will love these memories!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

My kids would be so jealous! Funnest birthday ever...that is so cool. Hey, try "Deep Woods OFF" bug repellent on the permanent marker. We had a black, permanent marker episode on Emery's WHITE wood BRAND NEW dresser last year and someone told me to try that and it worked like a miracle.

Barb Moody said...

That snow looks SO nice right now, after our long HOT summer! We're so excited to come up in a couple weeks. I'm so glad you had a fun birthday, full of surprises!

Missy said...

My kids would be right out there with yours. And I would be sitting by a fire...or in a cave, like a bear. Good Luck!

Joni said...

So fun for your kids! I think I would like it for about 2 days and then I would get sick of all the extra layers of wet clothes! It looks pretty though!

Abby Runyan said...

YIKES! I'm so not looking forward to the snow. It's fun for about five minutes and then I'm wanting it to go away. Your kids look like they are having a blast though. I always wanted to live in snow when I was little

Britney said...

how fun! I bet your kids are loving the snow and cold.

Oh we are not coming up next weekend. Toms scout camp got pushed back to that weekend so now we cant go. We still plan on going maybe in a month or so. I will let you know.

Julie said...

Um, so like yeah, you live in UTAH!! HeeHee! Wow, snow. Fun times. I always thought while going to the Y how hard it would be to deal with kids and all the extra layers, jackets, gloves, etc. But so fun and such fun memories!

(It still makes me sad that they have to wear COATS over their Halloween Costumes there. So foreign to an AZ girl like me!)