10.26.2007

FREAKY FRIDAY CARNIVAL

Friday night was the kids school "Freaky Friday" school carnival. All the kids dressed up except Caleb who was havin none of it. He did eat the food, though.
I think this picture sums up the night for Scrubs (Calebs nickname) I just love his blue eyes!!

This was not a normal school carnival. Things are always so above and beyond in this town-such a change from good ol Robson Elementary. They had game after game, a huge rock climbing wall, choo-choo rides, bounce houses, obstacle courses, a not so spooky haunted house and way more. My favorite part of course was the cake walk. You should have seen some of these cakes people made-they all looked so yummy (that ones for you, Bill) We all got together and all went in at one time so that our chances of getting a cake was better. Thanks to our lucky Ty-bo, we won, but not before our dream cake was snatched right before our eyes. Way to go Ty!!!!

Tyson and Caleb could have ridden this choo-choo 100 times. I even rode it with them-I thought the whole thing was going to collapse. Yikes!!
Sweet little Av's was our little devil for the night. This costume seems to fit because she has been a little devil lately. Teething is NOT FUN.

We were so lucky to have Barb, Blake, Sophie, and Ana visiting with us for the weekend. They came with us and joined in the carnival fun (as much fun as you can have standing around doing nothing. Its not the same when your kids arent involved. Thanks for being good sports !!!!) The kids loved having cousin Ana here to play with and to babysit. Thanks Ana for coming. We loved having you!!!

Im so mad that I didnt get any pictures of the weekend, but Barb is more of a camera phobe than I am. Us together ='s NO pictures.


Lani decided to be a girl pirate. She looked so cute. I will post some real halloween pictures after halloween. She will completly fit the part now because she just lost her front tooth. Hilarious.
The boys and Lani loved playing games with their dad. Im so glad he is a playful dad becasue there is nothing I hate worse than carnival games.
This weekend we are having a trunk or treat and then the kids have Monday and Tuesday off of school and then Wed. is Halloween. I better put on my creative hat and make this a fun, spooky weekend.
Happy Halloween!!!!




4 comments:

Joni said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am dreading how many times I get to help kids in and out of costumes! But I love Halloween and dressing up, so I guess its all for the cause!

Barb Moody said...

Cute pics, Shelly! I thought that carnival was fun. Even though Sophie was a total dud, it was still fun just watching all the kids and enjoying nice weather. And THANK YOU for not posting any pictures of me...I owe you!

Mary Taylor said...

So cute!! I love the school pictures too. I miss your kids so much. We went to Schnepf Farms last night and we all missed having your kids there:( We'll make up for it next month. I want to squeeze Avery! Barb tells me how cute she's being right now, I can't wait to see her (and the rest of the gang). See you in a month - hurray!!

The Malone's said...

It looks like Caleb needs a hair cut! You're kids always have the best dirty faces. Be safe trick or treating.