10.12.2007

I guess it was only a matter of time...

I just got home from a super-fun enrichment night and I heard a horrible story about what yucky people can do with your pictures-especially your kids' pictures. I have been thinking about going private for a while but not really wanting to do it. What are your pros and cons, concerns and issues with blogging non private? I know the odds of something happening to me or my kids is way high, but ive just started becoming slightly paranoid. Honestly, my favorite thing to do is jump from blog to blog and I really would feel bad shutting mine off when I stalk so many people myself-but I know that im not a bad stalker-just a nosy one. Im going to give it a week and then switch over, so all you peoples out there who check in often, periodically or whenever, please leave your email address so I can add you to my list of stalkers. I really dont care who you are as long as you know me through some friend of a friend of a cousins brothers uncles aunts.....whatever. I know im so not cool in anyway, but if you think its worth it, leave your info.
Anyway...I just made the cutest craft at enrichment. Its a glass block with my kids names saying I am a child of God. They are soooo cute. I just need some ribbon and then I will take a picture and post it. They are too cute not to share. I also have some school pictures. I am really happy with how they turned out-for once. Have a good weekend!!!

14 comments:

Missy said...

I think your cool, and that is all that matters...right?! And you know how I feel about Private Blogs cuz I have one. My biggest reason I went private(I have many) is that my older kids are away from me the entire day at school, including riding bikes to and from school...you just never know who is watching and stalking, it could just start with stalking a blog...sorry to freak anyone out. It really is not worth it to me. You will feel much better once it is private. Promise! So with that, count me in please! mmglover7@msn.com

Britney said...

I dont have any input on going private or not...I keep going back and forth. But I want to see a picture of the craft you did and I want to know how you did it. It sounds very cute!!

Thanks for praying for Jake. I really hope we see a new Jacob soon!! I have a feeling this is a start of a great thing.

Mary Taylor said...

Good idea, I think I might do that too. So, here's my e-mail address: marylomu@yahoo.com add me to your stalker list :)

Joni said...

I think we were on the same page because I posted I'm going private too! I'm glad I'm not the only one going private. I would love to keep in touch. My email address is jokrummen@yahoo.com!

Mariah said...

Hey Shelly I read you blog and love seeing all the fun you have with your kids. I know how you feel about the crazy stalker thing you never know what people will do. So I'd love to keep reading!
Peyta-mpctyler@cox.net
Ps- I totally think your cool. And I love that you are honest about parenting-ups and downs no perfection very real!

RPH said...

shelly, i have to admit, i have read your blog for about a month now. i jumped onto it from nancys, who i got on from melanies....you know how you hop around! it is fun to see how you are doing..and see other 45th ward girls! you are so real about what is going on and how crazy life with kids can be! if you dont mind, add me to the list, i would love to keep reading! thanks.
raygon
raygon0326@hotmail.com

A. Goodie said...

Don't forget me!! You should have my e-mail address! If you have any problems call me, I'd love an excuse to chat with you!

The Malone's said...

What in the world? Now that I have this blog thing, now I have to worry about people stalking me? What in the heck? Anyway, let me know what you think about it. You're going to include me right? I mean you know you can't leave out the best "non-sister" in the world could you? I can't wait to see you guys either.

Kenyon said...

O.k, I admit I do stock your blog, I hope you dont mind:)Ive been thinking about private as well. I have had a weird anonymous person leaving comments about my mis-spellings on my blog and asking me if I know how to spell.LOL. Its kind of funny but Its also scary with all the crazies in the world you never know.
ebizrobson@hotmail.com

Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

I am not a huge fan of the private blog thing but I understand why people do it. Here is my email so I can still look at your blog: tuckeho@hotmail.com Thanks!

Nancy said...

I am still thinking about making mine private. We will see. I am weighing out all the options. I totally want to be one of your stalkers.nancypking@netscape.net good luck

Hollie said...

Hi Shelly,

This is Hollie Holyoak! Hope you remember me! Your good ole neighbor from the days on Cicero! I just started the whole blog thing. I can't believe how big your kids are! And you passed me up in the number category! I would love to keep in touch! I saw your mom back in May at your aunt Valaine's house! I live right around the corner from her now! We moved to Kansas and Oklahoma and are now back in AZ. Here is my email address Holyoaks@cableone.net and check out my not so cool started blog! theholysmokes.blogspot.com

Kylie said...

Hey Shelly...keep me on the list--let me know if you don't have my email! Ü (I'm thinking I might go private too)!

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Shelly,

Add me to your list. lukelee78@gmail.com

Janna misses your haircuts.