10.21.2007

Random

I have a bunch of random pictures that I want to post, so this might be a long post.
We got school pictures back and I was pleasantly surprised. School pictures never, ever turn out in our family, so I was so happy these ones did. My kids look so old and grown up. Time goes by way too fast.
Noah was so proud of his picture. For some reason, he just cant smile normally, so we have been working on getting a natural smile. He actually did it and he just thought his picture was soooo good (and I thought it was too.)


Lani is our exception the the no smile rule. She always smiles and looks so cute in her pictures. Last year, right before christmas, she decided to cut her own hair and it wasnt just a little cut, it was the whole left side of her head all the way up above her ear. We had to CHOP off her hair right before our christmas pictures (of course). So I love that her hair has finally grown back-but this happiness is short lived because she got some tape stuck in her hair and thought the only way to get it out was to cut it out-so yes, she will yet again be getting a hair cut before picture time.
(No, her face is not dirty, she has had a rash for the last 2 months-I think she is allergic to Utah =)

There are a few things that I love about where we live, and one is that they are really into extracirricular activites. I signed the kids up for ice skating lessons, and let me tell you that it is pure comedy. Lani doesnt move anymore than a few inches at a time, and Noah thinks he's a pro. They were falling like every minute



This picture is kinda blurry, so sorry. When Noah saw that some of the kids were skating fast, he thought that it must be easy. He took off and then fell so hard. When we first got there, we didnt see any boys and he told me that ice skating was for girls and he wasnt going to do it. I told him that if he wanted to play ice hockey, he had to learn from the bottom. We saw boys when we got inside, and that made him happy. Notice the back of his shirt is soaking wet. This was only after about 20 minutes on the ice. The kids are having so much fun doing this. Next on the list, learn to ski/snowboard. The school takes them every friday during ski season and teaches them. Noah will snowboard and Lani will ski. I cant wait!!!

It was a semi-nice day, so I sent the kids out to play. Tyson is the funniest kid. He loves to make things out of anything he can find. He created his own drumset. We dont have drum sticks so he used my wooden spoons (which were both broken by the end of his jam session) I love the helmet and his glove with the fingers cut out. We love this guy.



This was the project that I did at my enrichment night. I havent got the ribbon for the sides yet, but you wrap in in ribbon and tie a bow on the top. I think they turned out so cute. I did each of the kids names in a different color. (it says "I am a child of God" in case you cant read it)


We had a lazy dinner night the other night and Bill made breakfast burritos. Tyson decided that he didnt want them and he was going to make his own. Caleb thought it looked so yummy.
I think he took one bite and decided the breakfast burrito was better!!


And last but not least....
Lani has had a loose tooth for like 2 weeks. This thing will not come out. We tried wiggeling it, tying dental floss around it and yanking it. It is the most stubborn tooth. Of course, now that I missed pictures with the changing leaves, she is going to have a toothless smile and short hair. (and a red nose from the cold) I guess I learned my lesson on why procrastination is not a good thing.


5 comments:

The Malone's said...

Ok, those are really random pictures, but its great to see your kids. I can't belive Noah looks so grown up. It looks like you are having lots of fun in Utah, but when are you comming back? Jonas was watching Home movies today and saw him getting his hair cut by aunt Shelly. He wants a hair cut now!

Missy said...

So they really get to learn to Snowboard every Friday...how cool is that?! I love the random pics, and the school pics turned out sooo cute. I don't do well with the whole teeth thing, my kids pull their own out, even if it is hanging by a thread. Hope you guys are staying warm. Mark told me to come outside tonight cuz he said it was cold...I instantly thought of you!!! lol.

A. Goodie said...

You're kids are growing up so fast. They sure aren't little for very long! Have fun enjoying the activities they look like such fun.

Kylie said...

Their school pictures turned out so cute! And I love that thing you made with their names...so cute!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Cute new pics Shelly. Looks like some fun activities going on in the Lomu house. Are you still going private? I need to hear your scary Enrichment stories. I think maybe I should be more paranoid than I am. Send me an invite if you do.