9.27.2007

What a difference a day makes!!

I guess its not so bad being 30!!!! I spoke too soon. My sweet hubby made this such a fun birthday-which I REALLY needed. On my birthday, Bill said that we needed to go pick up his brother at the airport (he had supposedly been in Vegas-his wife is a good little liar too!!!!) The kids were having a contest to see who could see Scott first, and then I look over and there is my Mom. I was so excited to see her. I really missed her and sometimes you just want your mommy. They then said we were going to lunch and then head back to the airport to pick up my sister Stacy and her little boy Josh. What a complete surprise. They were coming for the weekend for fun and SHOPPING. I cant even tell you what a great gift that was in itself. I really miss home and my family and this was just what I needed to make it to Thanksgiving. We hung out and went to dinner (Thanks Scott and Annie for watching our crazy bunch!!!) Then the next day, we went shopping ALL DAY and ate lunch at my all time favorite place-Costa Vida. When we got home, my cute little kids (and Bill) had put up streamers and they had hats and noise makers and, my favorite part, a super, yummy ice cream cake from Coldstone.

The kids yelled SURPRISE!!! and blew the noise makers...
Someone DID NOT like the noise!!!

This thing was gone so fast. YUMMY


And this is the cause of it all...Its super cute and I love, love it, but it was not what I wanted for my birthday. I have spent the entire week trying to catch up on laundry and it has been easy because I can do like 2 1/2 loads in one. So cool

My sister left early, early Sunday morning, but my mom stayed until Monday. On Sunday night my mom and I were making dinner when I heard Bill yell "Caleb, what did you do?"
THIS...

=

THIS

AND THIS...

AND THIS...
Caleb went CRAZY with the PERMANENT marker in all of 5 minutes. What do you do??? I cant yell or get mad because there was nothing I could do about it. I was more worried about the wood. It does not come off. I knew he felt bad because he burried his face in the couch for like 15 minutes. My kids have never really done anything like this, I thought I was lucky and I thought he was the only one...
Apparently not. My 6 year old thought she would practice her name on the WOOD wall. AWESOME!!!


When we woke up Monday morning to take my Mom to the airport, this is what we woke up to.
Snow, snow and more snow. It didnt stick, but it lasted about 3 hours and was sooooo cold. Glad I went shopping for some jackets. I thought I should get some gloves and hats for the kids for school because it was like 29 degrees when I took the kids to school. It has warmed up this week, but its supposed to happen again on Saturday. I HATE WINTER WEATHER!!!! I miss my flip flops. Guess its time to go home to visit!!!!
I decided that since I had to go into Salt Lake that I would use the day to finish some winter shopping. Gloves, hats, thermals, sweats and slippers. For a family of 7 who havent needed anything like this and had none to pass down to the smaller kids, let me tell you, its not cheap. Thrift stores, here I come!!!!
Poor kids, 5 hours later, we had found all the clothes we needed, ate lunch, found a washer drove, drove and drove some more to get home and these kids had had it. They were so good though because they got some cool Cars slippers. Gotta love Target.
So that was my SUPER, DUPER FUN BIRTHDAY WEEKEND in a nutshell. Thanks Mom and Stacy for coming and THANKS Bill for watching all 6 kids so we could shop all day. I love Ya.

PS...... DONT FORGET TO WATCH THE OFFICE TONIGHT!!!!
BEST SHOW EVER





6 comments:

Missy said...

Dying over the cuteness of your hubby & kids at your little celebration, and the surpise of your Mom & Sis. Dying over the marker and the face. And DYING over the snow...OH MY GOSH! But, I am glad you had a great birthday! Good, eventful post.

P.S. We just got a washer/dryer set like that too...best purchase EVER...huh?!

The Dunford Family said...

Im so glad you had such an awesome birthday! Im jealous! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family that obviously love you to death! With good reason! Snow....yeah! So exciting! Not the $$$$$ part and having to shop all day for the clothes to survive in. If I could hang out inside and snuggle up in a blanket that would be great....it'd be different to have to live in it!!
BTB...saw the Office last night! Loved it! We love that show! It is so hilarious! Its sad, but, it's what we live for!

A. Goodie said...

So excited for your new washing machine. I looks so nice and perfect for your family! So glad you had a great birthday.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!
Sure love you and miss you tons!

Joni said...

Seems like everyone's birhtday is this month! Happy Birthday! I love that everyone's finally turning 30 with me!(Even though washing machines are probably not on the top of anyone's list fo a present, so nice to be able to wash that much at once!!!!)

Brooke said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday. You can finally be 30 with the rest of us. I can't believe your patience with your kids and the markers. You are a great mom.

Simone Endres said...

Shelly!
Happy Birthday! (belated) I just had mine two weeks ago, so I am officially 30 too. Ahhh!

I haven't read your blog in a WHILE! I read it a couple times after seeing your link on Nancy's page.

Anyway, if you get this message, I would love to keep reading your blog if you go private! Here's my email: simone156@gmail.com.

I have a personal blog as well, I just don't post it..if you ever want to check it out!
http://ten-six.blogspot.com

Email me if you get a chance! I know this is totally late to say, but I was so happy to see you at the reunion!! :)