8.21.2007

This is what its all about..

First off, I want to say Congrats to my super cute neice Julia for getting baptized, we are all so proud of you. Avery and I were lucky enough to be able to go to Texas for the big day. We had so much fun hangin out with family and shopping during no tax weekend and eating way more than was possible. Thanks Stacy and Curtis for a fun, fun weekend.



So yesterday was the big first day of school. Things went so smoothly in the morning. We had tons of time and we werent rushed (which already went out the door this morning) and I thought to myself, this has really been a great day. We started off good, the little ones are being so good and letting me get tons done-this is a good day. I think I spoke too soon. Bill came home so I could take the car to get the kids from school and to take Noah school shopping, and im not even kidding, all of a sudden all at about the same time, all heck broke loose. Avery had a huge blowout, so just as I put her on the changing table, I hear a panicked scream from Tyson. I look over and he had cut open a tube of super glue and it went everywhere.(mind you, I was 3 feet away from him and he was standing right next to Bill and neither of us saw him pick up the sicssors) It went all over his arms and straight into his mouth and the side of his face. It was burning and he couldnt shut his mouth. So he was screaming and we didnt know what to do, I had Avery half naked and covered in poop on top of the table, Bill was trying to read the tube to find out if it was poisionious and then Caleb comes out of his room from taking a nap,screaming, and his nose was bleeding, but he wouldnt let us touch him. It was so funny. We were all running around like crazy people trying to take care of it all. So after a quick trip to the urgent care, Tyson was ok, Caleb had finally stopped crying from being woken up too early from Tysons screaming, Avery was happy and clean, and we just made it to the school to pick up the kids on time. Phew!!! And off to 7-11 for some slurpees for a good first day of school. (im not going to post pictures of the poop and bloody nose) Days like these are so AWESOME!!! I love it, its FANTASTIC.


Being the super Mom that I am, I figured that since Avery is almost 7 months, that its about time to start her on solid food. Whoops. It just one more mouth to feed, im in no hurry, she is obviously thriving. Anywho, we thought it was about time. We started her on rice cereal and some yummy green beans. She freaked out and grabbed the spoon the second it came close. Not quite sure what she was expecting, but im sure it wasnt green beans.

She was all smiles ready for the big moment. The kids thought it was the funniest thing and they all wanted to be right in her face.

I dont know if she is a huge fan, but she did really good. We only had some mild gagging towards the end.
All in all, today was a great day!!!!

7 comments:

Missy said...

Oh Shelly!!! You poor thing, I was stressing out just reading about your day! Seriously. I have had moments like that where I really think I am going to lose my mind...too many people needed Mom at the SAME time. Sounds like you handled it just fine, and TODAY is another day! I love that the kids love their little baby sis.

Rachel Cunningham said...

That was a great story...I love it when everyone decides to have a crisis at the same time. Cute school pictures...love the HSM outfit! Were you quoting Nacho when you said, "I love it...it's FANTASTIC!" The best movie to quote ever.

The Malone's said...

Ok, so now I can finally leave comments. How in the heck are you guys surviving? There is so much going on and we sure miss seeing you and all the kiddos. Jonas starting to realize that he has cousins and he can play with them. We're excited to see you guys when you come to visit. Tell your kids to have fun with the school year.

Mary Taylor said...

Oh my gosh, that story is so funny! I can just picture it! I'm glad all is well at last. Avery is so dang cute :) I agree with the feeding thing, bottles are so much easier. The food thing takes FOREVER! Anyway, here's to a better day tomorrow.

Britney said...

Good 'ol Tyson getting into the super glue...oops. Sounds like something one of my boys would do!! I cant believe how big avery is!! We will be in Utah for Halloween I think!

Barb Moody said...

I wish I could have seen the drama unfold on video, but I have a pretty good mental picture! That is SO funny! (maybe not at the time though). I'm glad the kids had a good first day of school. p.s. what the crap...Mary says she thinks you're pissed that I didn't call about the ultrasound but it wasn't for sure so I didn't tell anyone. It'll be confirmed next week. That's when I was gonna call FYI. Don't be mad!

Julie said...

Oh Shelly, I think we were twins separated at birth! I read this post and don't know whether to laugh or cry! PS I laughed! Love you! Ü