6.14.2008

Happy Fathers Day, Dad

I just wanted to say Happy Fathers Day and Happy Birthday to my Dad. Im so sad that I cant be there to celebrate with you. I really miss you a lot.
My Dad is the hardest working person you will ever meet-in everything that he does its at least 110%. He cant ever sit still-he is always doing something. My dad is the project master (thanks for passing that trait down) Growing up it was the worst because every Saturday it seemed he had a new one to do and I was running out of ways to avoid them-you can only stay in the bathroom for so long.
My dad is such a good grandpa. He has the worst back and he will let the kids jump all over him and wrestle with him until he literally cant get off the floor-but he does it anyway and the kids love it!!
My dad loves ice cream just as much as me. He is always trying to watch what he eats, but when im in town he loves it because its an excuse to buy some peanut butter ice cream. I think thats what bonds us together-our love for the sweet stuff!!
Im pretty sure that my dad did not approve of anything I did in High School, but he was always there to pick me up when I made mistake after mistake-no words of critisism, just advice and love and that is something I will never forget.
My dad makes the worlds BEST BBQ. He taught me how to marinate the way he does-but it never turns out the way he does it. I miss your food.
My dad is an avid excerciser. He goes to the gym every morning-way too bright and early for me. That is certainly something that was not passed down to me. I hate to work out and I HATE mornings.
My dad just gives and gives and gives. Not with just his family, but with everyone. He is constantly serving and finding anyway he can to help out. I love that about him and he has always been such a great example to me.
My dad is always so in tune with what his kids need. Its funny how he always knows when I need some words of encouragment. He has always been there for me and for my family and we appreciate it more than words can say.
I love you Dad. I hope you have a GREAT fathers day and a good birthday full of the good stuff. (Make sure you eat some ice cream for me!!!!)

No comments: