9.16.2007

OUTDOOR FUN

We decided to have one last camping trip before it gets too cold. We went to this little spot about 45 minutes from our house, in the Uintah Mountains. Its so weird, but the spots are just right off the side of the road, but it is so pretty and the kids love it. Our campsite was right by this little stream and the kids loved hopping rocks and getting wet, even though it was in the 50's during the day and 20's at night. We had a warm fire that Noah helped make from all that he learned on man vs wild and survivorman. My kids were meant for the outdoors. They get soooo dirty, but its so worth it to not have any TVs or distractions. Unfortunatly, our car battery died and we had to flag someone down to get a jump. About 10 cars later, we found some really nice ladies who were heading up to the falls and they bailed us out. After a fun hike up the falls, we headed home, dirty and tired. All in all, it was a great time. We cant wait for next summer!!!



We love to tell semi-scary stories around the campfire

Someone was grumpy and didnt want to participate


This was Averys first time camping, so she thought she would try some dirt and twigs.

I think she likes it...


Yep, she likes it!!!

7 comments:

The Dunford Family said...

Yeah! There's nothing better than tasting dirt and twigs for the first time! So Cute!

Missy said...

She is so cute...even when she is eating dirt! So fun, I think we are gonna take the kids camping next weekend. You are brave, 20's at night...so cold.

So, you have a new suburban too right? We got ours brand new in July and we have had 2 dead batteries where we have to get a jump to get it started. They replaced our tv in our car cuz they thought it was draining the battery. I wonder if something is wrong with the cars our year? We shouldn't have these problems if they are so new. BUG!!!

Barb Moody said...

What cute pictures! I would give my right arm to be able to wear a sweater right now (mainly to cover up my fat arsh) but I'm so tired of the heat here! I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun in the outdoors! I miss the kids!! :(

Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

How fun - family camping trip!! We need to do that. I love the pics of Avery eating dirt! So cute! Enjoy the cool weather before it turns cold!

Julie said...

I love camping too but not in cold weather! Yikes! I'm weak!! Looks like so much fun and that little dirty mouth is just too cute! That sweatshirt is adorable on her!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

That middle close-up of Avery is way too cute...needs to be framed for sure. Looks like fun! Kids and dirt are a match made in Heaven.

Mary Taylor said...

Oh my gosh, those pics are soo cute!! I miss you kids so much I can't stand it! The pics of Avery are precious!! Camping is perfect for your family, looks like you guys had fun :)