9.10.2007

Can I just say...

How much fun I had this past week!!!! I really missed AZ and I was so happy to go back to visit with family and friends. One thing I didnt miss was the HEAT!!! Oh my gosh, just being gone for a couple of months and being spoiled in this perfect weather, makes you forget. When I came home and woke up the next morning to take the kids to school it was 37 degrees. That is so weird to me because it is only September. I really miss all the comforts of home. It took me moving away from it to realize that I really did like my little comfort zone. I missed hangin out with my Mom and going to lunch and watchin my Dad work, work, work, he is a busy little bee. Avery loved all the quality time she got to spend with Grandma and Grandad. I think she is a little spoiled now. We had a BBQ for Labor Day, the whole fam came and I was able to see my new little nephw Finn for the first time-he is such a cutie, and my 3 other nephews Jake, Tyler and Jonas . We played a fun game of mexican train and a heated game (as always) of phase ten and ate my Dads famous ymmy BBQ.
I missed hangin out with the Lomu girls-its always fun to get together and talk and play games. I also was able to meet the newest member of the Lomu family-Harry Potter Lomu. The cutest little cocka-poo(sp) puppy ever. I missed my cute little neice and nephew Sophie and Drew and it was good to see them.

LUNCH WITH THE GIRLS
I have the coolest group of friends and I have known most of them my whole life. We grew up in the same neighborhood/ward and we have carried our friendship through all these years. I know that I can count on them for anything and I really miss all the fun lunches, so... I had to have an early birthday lunch while I was visiting. I just couldnt pass it up. (We missed you Brookie!!)
BOOK CLUB HOTTIES
I was also fortunate enough to be able to join the funnest book club ever a little over a year ago. Let me tell you that these girls are the funniest and most crazy girls around. I cant even tell you how much I looked foward to this night every month. It really does something for your sanity to stay up till 2 or 3 talking, eating, laughing and listening to some of the funniest stories I think I have ever heard.(we do occasionally talk about the books =) ) I miss these girls so much. We have really formed friendships that I hope will last forever. My goal is to make it to book club about every 3 months. I dont think I could go much longer. Even though I had stuff to do in AZ, my real reason of going this week was so that I could go to book club. I love you girls!! (sorry I missed you Eda and Heidi-maybe next time!!)
If all that happened while I was away was a black eye-then it was a good week!!
I really have to give props to my super cool hubby-he is the best. He worked from home the whole week, got the kids up and ready for school, did Lanis hair every morning (or attempted to anyway) cleaned and took on all the household duties. I dont know many men who could do that and still have a smile on his face at the end. He is such a good Dad. He took them camping, hiking (2 times) bowling and lots of other various activites. The kids loved the change from crazy mom to fun Dad. It was good for him to see what I do and it was fun for me to see what he does (go to lunch, hang with friends, do what I need to do when I need to and not have to worry about a babysitter or nap time or schedules, you know, husband stuff!!) I had so much fun hanging out with my Mom and Dad and Bills family and just being able to relax and clear my head. I really missed my kids and Im so happy to be home,as hectic as it may be.

5 comments:

The Malone's said...

It was so much fun to see you while you were here. Its always fun to be beat in Phase 10 by you.

Joni said...

I loved having you surprise me at my front door! You are so much fun to be with!!! I hope you make as many book club meetings as you can! Its not the same if even one person misses!!!!!!

Missy said...

So awesome! Glad you got to get away. Everyone needs to every once in a while I think. It makes us appreciate what we do have. And about moving away...it helps me to know how you feel cuz Mark and I have contemplated for years about moving out of state. I would in a heartbeat, but my older kids freak if we talk about it...time is running out for making that decision. I am sure there are alot of pro's and con's right? But you have a good plan of visiting here every 3 months. You will have so much fun doing that. And one more thing, you have an AWESOME husband. I am very impressed. I will have to show this post to Mark!! (no offense Mark)

Missy said...

I forgot this...

37 degrees....already? I would DIE!!! Good luck this winter.

Julie said...

It was SOOO wonderful to see you! Book Club was great (I wish I could've stayed longer) and it was even greater that you stopped by my house while we were moving in! That was so sweet of you and it was great to see you one last time! Can't wait for your visits!! Love you!!