10.22.2008

Picture time!!!

Or something like it.
I had planned about 2 months ago when I wanted to take the kids pictures. I think its ridiculous to go to a studio with ALL the kids because it NEVER works out. So I was pretty proud of myself for being on top of it this year. I had picked a Monday that I knew would be good weather and the kids had off of school.
So what happens the Friday before???
Avery takes a nice nose dive out of the car onto the cement and gets some nice road rash.
How cute!!!
I had postponed once already because Caleb fell off his big wheel (dont ask me how) and scrapped the entire side of his face, so i wasnt going to do it again. If it wasnt one kid it would be the other.
While at church on Sunday, I was talking to a friend and she had said they were going to Gardner Village after church because they have all the Halloween decorations out and she said no one goes there on Sundays. I thought that would be a perfect place. So we rushed home and got ready in lightning speed.
I decided to give Avery a little nap so she wasnt too cranky. (Our church is from 1-4) Bad idea. We had to rip her out of the deepest sleep and she never did snap out of it.
She wanted nothing to do with it. It was so pretty there and it was the best lighting so I was so disapointed that out of over 200 shots, I really didnt get a good one.
Soooooo...I decided to stick with my original plan and give it another go the next day. I really wouldnt recommend it. One day is enough.


Here are a few that I liked-or the best of the worst-same diff.

I actually really liked this one, but it kinda looks like that jack-o-lantern is sitting on Lani's head.

Im ok with Avery not smiling- because she can still get away with it-as long as the other 4 are. Its a pretty hard task.


I really like the background in this, but the picture is a little blury.

This was my favorite background and I took like 30 pictures and didnt get ONE. I want to go back just for this tree, but im sure if I do, all the leaves will be gone.

I did have luck the next day and I got some cute ones, but I hate the backgrounds on the ones that turned out. Im so exausted and done, so what I have will have to do. I dont know why I put so much pressure on these pictures. I love my kiddies no matter what faces they make. I actually like the ones where they are being them the best. I really enjoy taking pictures and would love to do this on the side, but I might have some perfection issues so I might need to get over that. Im the same way with hair-im so slow because I get bugged if it doesnt come out just right. Now if I could just transfer that to house cleaning!!!
Hopefully I will get my favorites edited soon and then I will post them. Not all, but some. I need to keep at least one good one a suprise for Christmas cards.


8 comments:

Full House said...

I'm so sorry if I wasn't supposed to laugh at this post but I did. Isn't that so typical though. Can't you just photoshop a couple of good smiley faces from another picture to the background of the picture that you like?j/k I'm not so much a fan of family picture time. I still think you got some cute shots.

Are we still friends?

Britney said...

Those are so cute!! Your kids are all so grown up!! We def miss them here. Jacob was so excited to see pictures of his cousins.

Britney said...

Weird, I dont know why it posted that with my name...oh well

Mary Taylor said...

I love these pictures! Your kids are so good looking no matter what. I love the outfits too :) Good job on the photography!

Barb Moody said...

Oh my gosh...the kids are SO good looking and so grown up! I think the pictures turned out awesome. I can't imagine trying to get 5 kids to cooperate but you did a great job. Love them!

Kenyon said...

Your kids are gorgeous!

Alicia said...

I think your kids look great. You did an awesome job!

A. Goodie said...

Ok, so your camera is awesome!!! and I'm so impressed that you've learned how to use it so well. I actually totally like the one with the tree background. Family pictures are definately the worst! But I want to see one with you and Bill in it!