9.25.2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

I love birthdays!!!
I dont even care if I get one present, I just love being the center of attention for a day. What better day than a Sunday to have a birthday because your husband is home and you can relax and not feel guilty (unless you are giving a talk in church and your church isnt until 1 and you stress out all morning-but AFTER all that you can relax)
Bill and I actually got to go out on Friday night to dinner and ice cream, thanks to his brother Ben who watched our kids for us for a couple hours. Its pretty sad, but this is only the 3rd or 4th time this year we have been out WITHOUT kids and we ate up every second.

This is what I woke up to on Sunday morning.

Noah took charge and told the little kids what to do, but the sweet boy pretty much did it all by himself. Isnt he so cute!!! He kept asking me all day if I was having a good birthday. He is such a sweet and caring boy.

Noah climbed over that ledge and hung it up there. My blood turns cold just thinking of it.

Avery was all over the balloons. I think she popped every balloon she touched because she would try to eat them.

These 2 underwear bandidts stole the balloons from Avery and made her cry.

(tyson is wearing my Grandads indian necklace because it gives him eagle powers-especially in his underwear)


Bills brother Scott and his wife Andrea were so nice and they brought us the best dinner and cupcakes. I was so happy she brought those cupcakes because the kids were all over them which left more of the double layer chocolate cake that Bill made and decorated (YUM) Which, by the way, is so much better the next day after its been in the refridgerator.

I have such an awesome family that made this day so fun. My favorite all time gift that I get from Bill and the kids every year is a giant bag of peanut butter M& M's and a couple of my favorite gossip mags to which I sit in bed, catch up on all the "news" and stuff my face. Its the best!

I love Birthdays!!!



8 comments:

Mary Taylor said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you were taken care of. BTW...you look beautiful :)

Ana said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY SHELLY!!! I'm so..glad you had a great b-day!

Missy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ok...How cute are your sweet kids?!! Peanut Butter M & M's are my fave too. I agree, you are gorgeous!

The Jones Six said...

Happy Birthday, Shelly! You look great! I like your new house too! Glad you had a fun day!

Britney said...

your new house looks so pretty!! I want to come see it haha. Glad you had a good birthday. The kids are all so grown up and YOU look great!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Happy Birthday sexy mama! I'm so sad we didn't get to take you to lunch. Maybe at Thanksgiving we can make it up to you. Glad you had a great day and a night out on the town. You deserve it!!!

Cassie and Chad said...

What a great day!!! Good for you and how nice of Bill to make you that cake. My most favorite candy in the whole world is Peanut Butter M&Ms...Yum sounds like a perfect day. Happy Birthday!

Kylie said...

Happy Birthday (totally belated)! I am SO behind on blogging!! I am glad it was such a good day--you deserve it!