9.14.2008

A day of first's!!

Avery went to nursery.
All by herself.
Not even crying once.
Of course she had her blankie in hand at all times, along with that trusted thumb. We may start calling her Linus.
Its also a historic day because this is the first time since I got pregnant with Noah that I was able to attend ALL my classes without an infant/nursing baby/toddler in hand or a pregnant belly. Its a great feeling!!!
I also got a new calling... Cub Scout den mother.
I also got asked to speak in church next Sunday. Not Bill, just me.
Did I mention next Sunday is my birthday?

8 comments:

Mary Taylor said...

Wow! You had an exciting day! I can't believe Avery went to nursery alone!! Good luck next week on your talk...I already knew it was your birthday ;)

Full House said...

Now your going to be the same age as me. They should at least have given you a few more Sundays before they asked you to speak and on your birthday. Sheesh!! At least you had one Sunday to your self.

Rachel Cunningham said...

Are you still coming for your birthday? Let me know so we can plan something!!

Tanner5 said...

What an awesome calling for you!! You knew that it would happen sooner or later. I think you'll have so much fun. Good luck on your talk next week.

A. Goodie said...

What an achievement! Being able to go to all your meetings! Someday, my chance will come, I just know it! I actually don't know if I could sit all the way through sacrament mtg, sunday school and RS in one day? Let me know how it is! :)

Julie said...

So did you say YES?! Ü FUN birthday present! You'll do awesom! I have enjoyed almost 6 months now of NO kids for the last 2 hours! It's weird, but wonderful! Now if I could just figure out where to send my kids during Sacrament Meeting! Ü

Mike and Deb said...

So I hear you aren't coming out here for your birthday? We are sad, I hope you have a fun birthday - speaking in church, that's agreat b-day present. You will do awesome, sorry we have to miss it.

Maddy said today she misses aunt shelley - she can't remember when she saw you last...that is sooo sad.

Full House said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGAR!