5.10.2008

Happy Mothers Day Mom!!!

I just wanted to say Happy Mothers Day to the greatest Mom ever.
I am so sad that I cant be with her on the special day, but here are some things that I love about my Mom.

( These pictures got reversed oops)

My mom was so fun growing up. She was always doing fun things for us kids and she always bought the best food. Our freezer was always stocked with schwans ice cream and she always made the house comfortable which made our house a fun house to be with friends. She always let us do fun stuff and I know she turned her back quite a few times to let us get away with stuff. Even during my not so obediant phase, she always let me know that she was proud of who I was and that made all the difference in the person I am today.


My mom is the funnest Grandma. She spoils the grandkids like you wouldnt believe-even if she didnt spoil them, they would still love her just the same. She is always doing everything she can to make sure they are happy and well taken care of. I have never met anyone more caring than my mom. She just gives and gives and gives. Im pretty sure she is more patient now than she was when I was growing up-I cant imagine why. I was the perfect kid.

She is always taking the time to make each grandchild feel special.
(I just said that to make my siblings happy, we all know who the favorite 5 are)

Especailly this one!!!



My kids have loved having Grandma (and Grandad) come to visit so often. She makes them feel so special even though we all know they are one crazy bunch!!

Here are some fun facts about my Mom.

1. She LOVES her Diet Cokes. (I give all the glory to my mom for my addiction. The fridge was constantly stocked with diet cokes growing up and I stole them all the time)

2. She loves Wendys salads and Diet Cokes. If I call her in the afternoon, I always catch her in the act becasue she will say "hold on a sec" and then I can here her ordering.

3. She hates funny movies. We went to see dumb and dumber when it came out in the theater and the only thing she laughed at was the shitzu joke and that was only because we have those kind of dogs.

4. She gets her hair done every 3 weeks. Its like clockwork, and she never misses an appointment. Back in the day of perms and nails, she was at the salon 3x's a month. She would go one day for nails, another for the perm and then another for the color and cut. They LOVE her at Tantrum.

5. She loves cheezy mormon romance, mystery novels. I think she goes to deseret book every week and finds a new one. If its published by Covenant, she has it. (which works for me because I also love cheezy mormon romance, mystery novels)

6. She hates to work out. I can think of a hundred things she would rather do than go to her trainer. Like mother like daughter.

7. She wants to retire in Lakeside. Its her favorite place to go. She would live there now if she could.

8. She is the hugest sports fan I know (besides my husband). She loves them all: ASU football, Suns Basketball, and the D-Backs. I get my love of sports from my mom. Every Tuesday night growing up was Pizza Hut Pizza night becasue there was always a Suns game on. During football season, we had a party every weekend to watch the games. Those are my favorite memories.

9. She loves to buy movies. I can always count on her the have the latest releases-even if she hates the movie. Thank goodness for Costco so she can stock up.

10. Her favorite candy are Payday candy bars and junior mints. There is always one or the other in the fridge and she picks at them. I think it takes her like 3 days to eat one. Growing up, when we would go to the movies, she would pour junior mints into her popcorn-so I started pouring M&M's.

11. She always has a water bottle with her everywhere she goes. I never see her without one.

I could go on and on about my Mom. She listens to me complain about my kids and about life in general without saying a word. My mom always seems to know whats going on and what we need.

Happy Mothers Day Mom. I hope you have a great day!!

11 comments:

Malonezone said...

Thanks for making me cry first thing today. It's going to be sad not having you home this year. I hope you have a really good Mothers Day. I love you very much!!

Kenyon said...

I met her a couple weeks ago and she was so nice. That was a cute post.

Britney said...

aww that was so nice...and funny. But come on, we all know moms favorite is Tyler...haha.

The Malone's said...

You know eventually my boys will figure out that they are not up there on the favorite kid list, but what can you can, Grandma has a way with those cute 5 kids!

Kylie said...

What a great post for a great mom!! You are lucky to have her and your kids are lucky to have you!!! I hope you had a great mother's day--you totally deserved it!!!

Nancy said...

Shelly- That is so sweet and true about your mom. Hey I read your post just before this one and is everything ok? What is going on with you? Let me know if you need anything:)

Rachel Cunningham said...

Such a sweet post for your mom. When are you coming down next? Sounds like you need some girl talk and a concrete. Call me!!

Barb Moody said...

What a nice post...you really do have such a great mom. I didn't realize how much fun she is. Now I feel a bond with her because my favorites are Payday and Jr. Mints, too. Who knew?! Anyway, I hope you got pampered and spoiled on Mother's Day cuz you deserve it. We can't wait to see you guys in July and I'm looking forward to getting caught up on all the latest!

shell said...

isn't it so funny what you see in yourself from your parents. someyou love and some you just say "dang it"

Missy said...

That was very sweet. I had no idea Linda was such a Sports Nut! And you better keep up on your blogging...but I totally get you on that 100%, don't feel bad if you can't.

Mike and Deb said...

Shelly, that was wonderful. Once again you show all of us siblings up. You hit the nail on the head with your top 11 things about mom. Great Job!!