8.28.2008

Fun at the Farm

I think for today my computer just might cooperate enough for me to finally post some pictures.
We had a fun last week before school started. On Tuesdays at Thanksgiving Point is $2 day and who doesnt love a bargain...So we headed over to the farm. It was CRAZY. I think every stay at home mom with a stroller was there. Since we had nothing else to do, we waited in line for about a half hour and then finally got in. The second we made it in, the kids were gone. It was maddness. Strollers galore. I could hardly make it through the door.


I just love these fun, crazy kids!! Its a rare moment that I can get them to sit still for a second.

This cow was pretty real-utters and all. Tyson was all about the hands on experience.


Caleb was so cute with Avery. He made sure that she wasnt scared of the crazy goats. He is the most over-protective brother.

There were so many kids there and the goats were in a crazy feeding frenzy. This one particular goat tried to jump over the fence-Im pretty sure he had had enough.

I tried so hard to get a cute picture of Caleb on this fence with his "towboy" hat. The dang child wouldnt get his hand of his junk. I took about 5 pictures all with his hand in the magic spot.


In the depths of my purse, I managed to scrounge up a couple quarters and the kids were able to feed the ducks. I think they stayed in this spot for about 30 minutes. Even Avery got a piece of the action.

I just love these little moments when the kids have no idea they are being watched and they do these little acts of kindness to eachother. Noah is a boy who is often in his own world and pays no attention to anyone around him. I just thought it was so cute that he was helping his baby sister because there were too many kids around and she was getting overwhelmed. I dont think I will ever have to worry about Avery-she has 3 older brothers who watch her every move. I wish I could say the same about Lani, but sadly she could beat the snot out of anyone who messes with her.





Andrea and the kids met up with us a little later-so we made one more round of feeding the goats.
The kids wanted to ride the pony's, but the line was way too long for me, so we took the horse and buggy ride and that was just as fun (the kids didnt think so)


All in all, it was a fun day.

We also went to the Seven Peaks water park for a day and had way too much fun. We packed our own lunch and snacks and had our own little cabana. The Bill and I took turns with the little kids and doing the big slides with the big kids. Noah talked me into a slide the pretty much went straight up and down. I thought I was going to die. I had the worst snuggie when it was over. It was a good thing no one was at the bottom of the slide or they would have had quite a show. Avery is such a fish and she loved the wave pool. She would just sit in the water and let the water come to her. She was in heaven. Tyson and Caleb thought they were so big and could swim because they had life jackets on. Tyson was so big trying out the "kid" waterslides. My kids are now a nice shade of brown and me... a nice lobster red, thanks to the sunscreen that happened to be very, very, expired.
Now school has started and its been great. Pictures to come!!!



1 comment:

Mary Taylor said...

I love these posts!! Your kids are SO dang cute! I love reading your thoughts cause I die laughing!! You will have to beat to girls away from Noah he is so handsome in his football gear. Love all your pics you get the best shots ever! I miss and love you guys!