8.28.2008

First Day of School!!

YEA!! HOORAY!! YIPEE!!
I dont think im excited enough that school has started. Noah is in 4th and Lani in 2nd. What makes it even better is that school doesnt start until 9:15. Its awesome. The one thing Iusually dread is getting up so early to get them off to school. Its amazing how much better our mornings are. I am definatly not a morning person, neither are my kids.
The kids got great teachers and I really love the school. Its in a great school district and I think it will be a great year!
(Tyson also started Kindergarden-but he started a week later, so I will do a seperate post)

This is the first year Lani has shown any interest in her clothes and backpack. It was actually fun to shop with her this year. She of course picked Hannah Montana, but she didnt want a backpack, it had to be one she could carry on her shoulder. Lani loves dresses-she would wear one every single day. When she saw this dress she flipped and had to have it for the first day.
Its always hard to hand over some of the control to your kids, but I have learned to pick my battles. I wanted to put a cute flower bow and curl her hair-she wanted it straight down. She is a lot like me-I hate to say it. I now know why my mom would get so frusterated with me while doing my hair-I wanted it plain, she wanted the curls. Sorry Mom!!


Noah on the other hand could have worn his pj's and not known the difference. He could care less.

Such cute kids!!!


I followed the bus to school to make sure they got to their classrooms OK. Lani found a friend-what a suprise!!


How old is too old to be walking your kid to class? High School? Is that a bit much??



YEA for a new school year!!

5 comments:

Barb Moody said...

Yay! I'm so glad we finally got to see first day of school pics. I can't get over how grown up these two are and how good looking they keep getting. Lani is so naturally beautiful and I love how she is all about plain and simple because it totally suits her. Can't wait to see Tyson all dolled up for his first day of Kindergarten! Three kids in school...hooray!!

Shauna said...

The first day of school pics are always fun to take. Just a couple more years and all of them will be in school! Can't wait to see the kindergarten pics.

Full House said...

Their never too old to follow to school. Keep up the good work Shell.

Nancy said...

Shelly - I so hear you on the excitement of them starting school, and it is a total bummer when I have to get up at 6:15am to get them off to school by 6:45am. But by the end of the day I am totally exhausted but feel that I accomplished so much more. I want to say that saying that "I do more before 8 a.m. then people do in a day.lol

Julie said...

Your kids are so freakin' cute! I love Lani's hair (totally understand the bow/flower thing though!) and I cannot believe their school dosn't start until 9:15! Can I move there? That would be a dream come true for me! I detest waking up before 7am!