2.06.2008

More Winter!!!


Thanks to Mr. Groundhog for giving us weeks more of winter. What a winter this has been. My neighbors have said they havent had a winter like this since the late eightys. It seriously has been snowing for 2 weeks straight. The snow piles on the sides of the road are getting so high that soon there wont be anywhere to put it all. I was looking back at some old blog posts and saw a picture of the house with no snow. What a difference. I cant tell you how anxioius I am for this snow to start melting. I think it may be a while.

BEFORE

AFTER

Our back yard before...

AFTER

(notice the square fence thing on the top corner and compare to the picture above. You can almost see the fence peeking out from the snow)



The kids had their very first snow day ever. We got a call at 6:15 in the morning telling us that there would be no school. It was the best feeling knowing I didnt have to wake the kids up and I could go back to sleep!!
They all played outside all day.

These are some of the boys that live in the neighborhood having a massive snow ball fight. Since the snow is so high it was perfect for building snow forts to hide behind.


This is Tyson making the trek up our driveway. See how narrow it is. There is just enough room for our car to squeeze through.



Noah likes to think he is survivorman and he wanted to know what it felt like in a snow cave-so he spent like an hour building a cave that went from our driveway all the way through to the middle of the lawn. This is Noah peeking out from the lawn part.

This is Tyson squeezing through.

Noah and Caleb in the driveway entrance




I love this picture of Caleb. He loves to be outside in the snow and he LOVES to eat it. He will sit in one spot and just bury his face into the snow. He is such the funny kid!!
These 2 were the first to come inside. After some warming up, they fell asleep watching their favorite-Cailou.

7 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

Ok...that snow cave makes me so clausterphobic!!! I could never ever climb in a tunnel of snow. How fun for your kids! That's like snow heaven up at your house.

The Malone's said...

I can't believe that amount of snow that you have. And you move to Utah because why? You're kids are loving it I'm sure. I wish Jonas could see snow, he'd flip out. Enjoy it!

Shauna said...

That is crazy! I have never been in snow like that or when it has been falling. Something I would definitely like to do but I give props to you because I don't think I would be able to stay in it for long. It looks beautiful. Love the house!

Britney said...

wow thats a lot of snow!!! Good luck with that...haha.

Brooke said...

Wow that is a lot of snow. I hope you don't lose a kid in it. I love how your boys sleep so cuddled. Just keeping eachother warm.

Missy said...

HOLY SMOKES! That is soooo much snow! I have heard that UT is being dumped on...alot of my sister Stacy's relatives are in Logan area and they had a hard time making it back last weekend from St. George because of that storm. Man, I bet you are really looking forward to some sunshine and flipflops...can you even wear flipflops there in the summer? I guess after surviving this winter there, anything warmer will be nice. Your kids tunnels are cool, and at least they have found a way to enjoy the snow!

A. Goodie said...

Wow, you're making that snow look Soooooo much fun!!! you'd better be careful not to enjoy it to much there! we still want you to come back to AZ someday! Wish we could come and visit and play with you guys.