11.05.2008

I have been trying for the last 30 minutes or so to download some pictures, but to no avail. I love when that happens!!! So instead of pictures(i will hopefully get it done tomorrow) you have to settle for my Jack Handy's (deep thoughts if no one caught that)
Im not quite sure what brought it on, maybe my many, many nights of no sleep due to too much in my head-nothing in particular-just too much. Maybe it was watching Noah make up these crazy stories on the computer-man that kid has an imagination. But whatever it was, I started remembering back in the day before marriage and kids and how much I LOVED to write. I had this massive folder full of poems and stories and I wrote in a journal everyday since I was in Junior High.(that stopped about 7 years ago) I just loved to write. Im not really sure when I stopped, but im pretty sure it was around the time I had kids and my brain became a jumbled mess. I have always had an overactive imagination and I could daydream all day(and night). My favorite thing to think about in bed is if I had tons and tons of money(or won the lottery) what I would do with it. I just have a lot of thoughts running through my head,just a bunch of randomness. I think I have figured out that I need to write. To write about nothing and everything. To write about my goals and what I want to accomplish in my life as a wife, mom and ME. Im sure im not the only one who has been thoughtful of what is most important in life these days. Its a scary time right now and unfortunately it just got worse. Im more focused on what I can do as a mom to make sure my kids are well armed. Ive been slowly, verly slowly getting my food storage put together. I dream about being a photographer. I am obsessed with taking pictures and capturing the moment. One of these days, when I have a second in time, im going to take classes and teach myself as much as I can. Thats my dream at the moment. I am nowhere near creative, anyone who knows me knows that, BUT... I sure am trying. I have always thought that my brain was so full already that it was impossible for me to learn anything. Maybe if I can push out all that useless US magazine and PEOPLE knowledge, then there just might be some room in there for some good stuff.
I think this is a good start.
(Disclaimer: I never said I was GOOD at writing, I just said I LIKED to write. Just so you know)
P.S. The other night when I went to check on the kids before I went to bed, Lani had fallen asleep with her radio on her bed, with Radio Disney blasting. I just had to smile-thats so much like me. I could only fall asleep with the radio on (it helped distract the crazy head)I love that she loves music!! Im going to read this in about 5 years and wish that she still liked the sweet music of HSM. Speaking of Lani, she is puking her guts out right now. I sent Bill upstairs because even the sight of throwup makes me gag. Poor thing. I better go comfort my girl.

1 comment:

Britney said...

I remember when we were still kids I would love reading your poems.

Poor Lani being so sick. Our house just got done with the stomach flu. I had it very bad sunday/monday. It wasnt fun.