8.10.2008

The Final Countdown


Its officially the start of the last week before school. The backpacks are hanging up in their bedrooms ready to go, most of the supplies have been purchased and the first day of school outfits have been picked. All that stands in our way is 7 long days. Considering my kids summer vacation consisted of us moving and mom having a nervous breakdown, I feel that I owe them somewhat of a fun last week. So... what do you do when you cant go anywhere overnight (thanks to Noah and football) and when you only have one car that your husband has most the day? Thats a good question because I dont know. I really want this to be a fun time for the kids because they have been so patient and actually pretty good-but im pretty limited. Im such a sad mom because while im thinking of things to do, im also thinking of everything that I need to do before school starts and all the laundry that im behind on and... you get the picture. I dread doing anything alone with all 5 kids because Avery has surly entered the terrible two's way before shes 2. What a surprise!!

But..I must.

I must put it all behind and sacrafice for the sake of my kids. If i still lived in Arizona then this wouldnt be an issue because they would have been swimming all summer and I know that they would have totally been ok with that. Im such an Arizona girl-and so are they- and we havent yet felt at home here. We try-we really do, were just not very successful.
So I am mentally preparing myself for a selfless week. I will not care that nothing is getting done, I will not focus on the mess, I will not pay attention to the fits of the princess because she isnt the center of attention, I will let the kids eat what they want for lunch and I WILL be the fun parent for a change.

Im ready.

Bring it on!!!

5 comments:

A. Goodie said...

Hey, it's just been a while since I've visited w/ you , and wow I finally started bloggin again, so hopefully I'll keep up w/ how you're doing! Good luck w/ school starting, ours started today and I've definately got mixed emotions! Love you!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Shelly...I love all your new posts! I was afraid you had given up on blogging. Such cute pictures! We need to get together when you come for your birthday. What are the dates?

Nancy said...

Shelly I can so relate to the count down til school starts. I think this summer was so hard, a big blur,a never ending crazy house, heat, and I really don't remember to much of anything cause I was alittle numb from having 5 kids home all day everyday. You go girl.

Full House said...

Hey are you here in AZ? Birthday??

Jennifer said...

Hey there! So glad to see your comment on our blog. I don't consider myself an official blogger, and I might even consider it a journal. :) I am not a journal writer. We are excited for #2, but I am sick of being sick! At least it wasn't as bad as it was w/ Raegan. Blake has two more classes and will be done with his engineering masters. I CAN'T WAIT for him to be done with school. I thought it would get easier after the MBA--ha! ha! We are trying to keep our heads above water and are so amazed at you people that have big families. Good luck with school and all that comes with it. Keep in touch.