7.31.2008

Idol Tour 2008


I have been looking foward to this concert since I bought the tickets in May. Bill was supposed to come with me, but since we moved we couldnt find a babysitter and lucky him got out of going. So I called my friend Amy and she soooo happily agreed to come with me. I will admit I probably had way more fun with Amy than i would have with Bill-I seriously felt like I was high school again. I hadnt been to a concert since before I got married and I forgot how much fun it was.


(just ignore the 5 foot wide stark white arm)

LOVED Michael Johns. How he got voted off early I will never understand. He was so entertaining and I must say very nice to watch. On his last song he ripped off his shirt to show a t-shirt with a massive picture of David Archuleta that said "I voted for Archi" So funny.

Carlee was so good. This girl has an amazing voice. I love her. Not sure what the gloves were, it looked like she dipped the top half of her fingers in chocolate. Wierd.

Brooke it so talented. She sang Yellow from Coldplay-it was so awesome. She sounds so much better in person. I cannot wait for an album.



About half way through, the ones who already sang came out and sang a U2 song. It was pretty good-take out Ramiel and it would have been a great show.


I went absolutly crazy when Jason came out. He was my favorite throughout the whole competition. I love his voice. He was so good live. He didnt sing Halleluja-which was my favorite during the season-but he sang Crazy from narles barkley and it was so freaking good. LOVE him. I will definatly be first in line for his album.






Now this guy was AMAZING. He sang the One republic song that he sang on the finale. I cant even put into words how good he was. He didnt sing Imagine and I was pretty bummed about it, but since One Republic is my favorite band, It made up for it.
This kid is so talented. He is just amazing. The place was packed full of screaming girls and it was so loud. He couldnt even say a word because he had a perma grin from all the screaming girls. I cannot wait until he has a solo concert. Such a cutie.







Im a David Cook fan, but not as much as Amy was. I thought she was going to faint. I must admit though that he was way entertaining. He brought the crowd into his songs and really was a joy to watch.
He deserved the title. He has the whole package. Really talented and so entertaining.






The show ended with them singing Rhianna's Please dont stop the music. It was a good ending to the best concert ever. Loved it and had so much fun hanging out with Amers. Thanks for coming Amy-Loved every second!






2 comments:

Ana said...

OMG!!! Shelly that's so AWSOME!!! I bet it was so... much fun!!! LUCKY!!!

The Jones Six said...

Hi Shelly, next time American Idol has a tour you need to call me and Cassie and Jessica! I'm glad you went! It was my first Idol concert and I loved it! How are you? Is Lehi getting any better? Tell Tiare that I miss her!