5.29.2008

Do I REALLY have a 9 year old???

My Noah turned 9 yesterday. It is crazy that he is already 9. He really is such a sweet boy and im so proud to be his mom.
He was lucky because he got to go on a field trip with his class, so he thought this was the best birthday ever!!
It was soooo hot today (like 65 degrees) so I wanted to bring in popsicles for his class after they got back from the field trip, but his teacher thought it would be better to do it before they left-which was at like 8:30-so I brought dounuts instead. Bill got to go with him and he loved that. He loves hangin out with his Dad.

This is Noah pointing to his name on the birthday wall at school

After school, we went in search of the President who was here in Park City, but only saw the helicopter. Park City people are so dumb-they had this HUGE "Bash Bush" BBQ like 1 mile from where he was. We tried to go take a look, but the traffic was out of control so we just went home to make dinner. Noah wanted lasagna-so thats what I made and it turned out pretty yummy. The cake on the other hand...not so pretty!!
He wanted an Oreo ice cream cake. Oh my gosh, it was all over the place. Im pretty sure that this wasnt what he had in mind-but it sure did taste YUMMY!!!
Thanks to Noahs Grandparents and Aunts-he didnt do too bad. I always think that they need more and that they never get what they really want-but at the end of the day-they are ALWAYS happy!!
This kid was no exception.


Noah is our little Einstien. He is kind of a nerd. He loves science and math and learning new things. This kid could watch the Discovery Channel and the History Channel all day long. He knows way more than I do. Its a good thing that his Dad is so smart or I would be in BIG trouble.
Here are some fun "Noah"facts.

1. He read all 7 Harry Potter books in 3 months. (During those 3 months, he also read 2 other books for book reports)
2. He is a monkey. He can climb any tree and he usually does-it doesnt matter where we are, he will climb it.
3. He is so smart and he knows it. If you give him a compliment, he usually replies with "I know"
We are working on that!
4. He can eat as much as his Dad. Im not sure that is such a good thing.
5. He only needs about 8 hours of sleep. We usually put the kids down at 8:30 and he will stay up until 11:oo reading and he is always the first to wake up (at 7)
6. He is such a good big brother. Since he thinks he knows all, he is always explaining and showing the kids how to do things. He loves to build them forts and read them storys-he even uses the voices.
7. He can build the most amazing things out of nothing. He is going to be an awesome architect (sp) some day.
8. He has made his own Man vs. Wild videos. (he broke the video camera while filming and we havent been able to watch them yet)
9. He hates sports. He would rather be on the computer, reading or building something.
10. He is sooooo loved by all his Aunts and Uncles and especially his Grandparents. He is such a special boy.
Happy Birhday Noah



5 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't believe he is already 9. He is such a cute kid and reminds me alot of my Porter.

Shauna said...

Happy 9th b-day to Noah! It is kind of weird to think that you have a 9 year old since sometimes I feel we just got out of high school, but it freaks me out too to think I have a 1st grader! Where in the heck does the time go??

Kylie said...

Happy Birthday Noah--what a good looking kid!! All the pictures are so cute!

Mary Taylor said...

Noah is SO handsome! No, I can't believe you have a 9-year old!! It seems like yesterday he came walking into my mom's house with a cookie that said "I'm going to be a big brother" remember that? He could barely walk. I love the little facts about him...they make him even cuter! Happy birthday Noah :)

Ana said...

OMG!!! Noah is looking so..much older!!! It's like yesterday he was still in diapers , but now he's off reading ALL the Harry Potter books. I haven't even read all those yet!!! I can tell all the little girls are gonna have crushes on him! Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!!! Love you guys!!!